Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change all products to taxable goods

Assuming the Tax Class Id that you want is 1, you could use:
    Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_tax_class_id = 1 WHERE master_categories_id = XX;
    where XX is the master_catgegories_id that you want changed ...

You could set one Product manually then check in phpMyAdmin for this products_id in the table:
    products

to confirm the settings that you should use for products_tax_class_id and master_categories_id ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

How do you set it so that all newly added products are automatically Taxable Goods. I used phpmysql to set the default for products_tax_class_id As Defined with a value = 1 . When I add a new product after the change, I expected that the value would be set to "Taxable Goods" but it still defaults to a blank field. Why am I doing wrong? Do I have to reset something?

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Catalog ... Product Types ... and hit EDIT LAYOUT ... then change the setting on:
    Product Price Tax Class Default - When adding new products?
    What should the Product Price Tax Class Default ID be when adding new products?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

thanks tut

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Go to the Catalog ... Product Types ... and hit EDIT LAYOUT ... then change the setting on:
    so lets say I need to have some categories taxed and others not taxed could I duplicate the general product under product types calling it something else and change the default tax leaving everything else the same and then change the product type by category to whatever I need or is there another way?
    Last edited by DKP1; 2 Aug 2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: adding more info

Plugin Contributions

To duplicate Product General you would need build all of the files for the Admin and the Catalog associated with Product Types ... this would allow you to then have settings for your Taxable and Non-Taxable Products and any other controls or display for the two product types as you need them ...

This may or may not seem like a lot of work just to manage when the Taxable setting is defaulted on creating a Product ... You would need to remember which to use when creating the Product or set the Categories to manage which Product Type is used when creating Products ...

Otherwise, using the Product General and just setting the Taxable setting correctly might be easier ... maybe just customizing the define for the Tax Class:
    Code:
    define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_TAX_CLASS', '<span class="alert"><strong>Tax Class:</span></strong>');
    in the language file to make it more pronounce so folks pay attention is easier ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

... You would need to remember which to use when creating the Product or set the Categories to manage which Product Type is used when creating Products ...
    the plan was to set the categories so I do not have to deal with this all the time as new products are constantly being added by my drop shipper.
    I just wanted to make sure this was doable before going down this road.

so as long as I set the categories to the correct product type to match the needed tax class it will automatically set all new products in that category to that tax class?

Plugin Contributions

You can test it by changing the setting in one of the other Product Types like Document Product to be Taxable or Non-Taxable and see how it works to check what the effect would be of the new Product Type that you create ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

You can test it by changing the setting in one of the other Product Types like Document Product to be Taxable or Non-Taxable and see how it works to check what the effect would be of the new Product Type that you create ...
    thats what I am doing now we will se I will post if it works so others know.

by the way thank you for posting the code to change products in each category that works great.

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... let us know how things work out for you if you decide to build a new Product Type!
    Linda McGrath

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast