Plugin Contributions

Default Shopping cart not calculating weight

Hi there. My previous thread dried up when I realized this is not a FedEx problem.

I have version 1.2.7 running, and the product weights are not carrying over to the shopping cart & shipping calculation. Weights are entered in the product catalog, but the shopping cart displays order weight as 0 regardless of what products you add to cart. Therefore, FedEx Express rates returned are the same for all products, and reflect only the 0 weight. The number of items in the cart updates correctly.

I've scanned through the admin to see what might be causing this, but haven't found the culprit. Any help would be much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shopping cart not calculating weight

Have you an URL where this is happening?

These products that have weight but are not working ... make sure they are not marked as:
    Always Free Shipping
    Product is Virtual
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I forgot to mention the free shipping. I'd talked about that in the previous thread. They are marked as Always Free Shipping because ground shipping is always free.

How do I make them always have the option of free ground shipping, but have FedEx Express options by weight for expedited shipping options?

Plugin Contributions

If a Product is marked Always Free Shipping ... then the Product is Always Free Shipping ...

This means that you could install 1000s of Shipping Modules but the Products are all Always Free Shipping ...

So there isn't any Shipping charges as they are Always Free Shipping ...

You need to decide are you trying to offer some slow boat to china alternative to shipping where there is no charge ... PLUS offer standard shipping methods for the customer to choose from ...

Or ... are you trying to offer your products as Always Free Shipping ... in which case there is NO shipping charge and you should have the Free Shipping freeshipper Shipping module installed ...

To allow a checkout with an Optional Free Shipping, you would NOT mark the products as Always Free Shipping ... and install the Free Shipping Option freeoptions Shipping Module and configure that to be for Total >= 0.00 with all other settings blank ... and this will now show with all of the other shipping modules you may wish to offer ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm only using 1.2.7, so it doesn't have quite that option, but I was able to figure it out with your explanation. I used the flat rate module set to $0 instead of the FREESHIP module, and just changed the language file to say, "FREE SHIPPING." Unchecked the "always free shipping" on the products, and it seems to work.

Thanks, Linda!