Dear Zenners

According to the many, many posts i've read i see that its quite common place to insert products priced by attributes as follows...

Mark product priced by attributes.
Product base price is set to zero.
Attributes checkbox prefix is blank.
The attribute price is the total price.

I've tried all sorts of differant methods in my cart, but nothing displays the way i want it except for the above method

I also have it this way because i like the way it displays the prices for the various sizes of mattresses ( total price displayed - no need to add bits and pieces in your head).

The problem is that i cant update the products price( various attributes) without going through all the attributes one at a time.

option 2)If i had set a base price and made the attributes rather a % value (dependant on the base price), i would only have to update the base price and i'm done.(Fortunately most of the suppliers apply a flat % increase when upping their prices,about 4 times a year.)
However the attribute does not display the whole price. I dont want customers to have to perform calculations to see what something costs.

So i have decided to stick with opton 1 from the beginning, but it's time to update prices..again and i'm really not looking forward to repeating the whole process...again.

Is there something i'm missing that i could be doing lighten this load?
Do any of ya fela zenners have a sneaky trick you woul'nt mind sharing?

Thanks in advance.
Warren