Plugin Contributions

Default Need help with install of Column Grid Layout

Hi,

I posted about sql somewhere else on the forum, but I'm sorry if this is a repeat. I did manage how to backup my db from the phpmyadmin. In the instructions, there is an insert that needs to be added as an SQL patch, but I'm confused as to how to do this. I'm not sure what to delete and what to type....here are the instructions:

## The following can be run via phpMyAdmin, or by Admin->Tools->Install SQLPatch:

What does this mean? What do I delete and how?

## The following is used only to remove this mod:
    #delete from configuration where configuration_key in('PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE','PRODUCT_LISTING_COLUMNS_PER_ROW');

What do I exactly insert or how should this read...do I copy everything below and paste it into the box to upload the sql patch, or just the part starting with "configuration"?

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value,
    configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order,
    last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function)
    VALUES ('Product Listing - Layout Style', 'PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE', 'rows',
    'Select the layout style:<br />Each product can be listed in its own row (rows option)
    or products can be listed in multiple columns per row (columns option)', '8', '40', NULL,
    now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array("rows", "columns"),');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value,
    configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order,
    last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function)
    VALUES ('Product Listing - Columns Per Row', 'PRODUCT_LISTING_COLUMNS_PER_ROW', '3',
    'Select the number of columns of products to show in each row in the product listing.
    The default setting is 3.', '8', '41', NULL, now(), NULL, NULL);

I'm sorry, but I'm a big SQL dummy. I don't understand this stuff at all...it's really greek to me. If someone could further explain how I add this or make this modification, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with install of Column Grid Layout

Update....it seems I answered my own question - I just went for it...I copied the entire command as listed into the install sql patch and it worked perfectly....sorry about the post. I'm learning as I go.

Kinget