Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal merchant address error

Hello
    Could someone help me please?

I just had this email from my first customer but they may now be frightened away.
    I have just installed the paypal update but i have no idea if this will fix the problem. I havent come across this whilst testing myself so am unsure if i have fixed it or not. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried ordering on the site but at the PayPal page it said "Unable to
    process payment. Please contact the merchant as the postal address provided
    by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order
    must be delivered to that address."

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal merchant address error

Was this customer using PayPal IPN or PayPal Express Checkout? (ie: which module do you have enabled?)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,
    Im not sure as i have both set as available

Maybe someone could try it for me as it seems ok testing with my account...

http://www.7vinyls.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Most likely it's a result of the customer truly entering a bad postal address. PayPal does some address validation before accepting an order.
    Do you have the details of the address info they entered?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You were right thanks,
    Asked the customer to try again and have received my first purchase...
    Not bad for only a week or so using Zen

Thankyou

Pretty amazed at the admin sales function.. very impressed

Plugin Contributions

Hi there!

I have exactly the same problem.

I had PayPal Checkout Express set up correctly and registered a test user account with a different postal address. When tried to check out got the message below:

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the postal address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be delivered to that address."

This was because even though after matching both addresses my email differer in paypal from the one provided in zen. I am not sure if you can switch it off somehow in payments settings cause it shouldn't be compulsory to provide your paypal email address in zen or should I?

Basically, provided address must match as well as email. good the tel doesn't have to :] Customers who have not idea about computer wouldn't know what to do in order to complete. I switched off address must be confirmed but it didn't help.

Regarding PayPal IPN name - I haven't looked yet but think you'd have to change it in the code - at leat I am going to do that this way.

Wish you all loads of happy customers
    David

Plugin Contributions

I am getting a new error now. I managed to get to Pay page via PayPal Express checkout and when clicked pay I got this:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub001/sc17957-WYLV/webcoder.eu/zen/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php on line 38

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub001/sc17957-WYLV/webcoder.eu/zen/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home16a/sub001/sc17957-WYLV/webcoder.eu/zen/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php:38) in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub001/sc17957-WYLV/webcoder.eu/zen/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions