Plugin Contributions

Default upgrade total mash up

I posted a query about the upgrading of the database because warnings were given about corrupting the database.

Having received no response to this message, I reviewed the instructions, and not wishing to abandon the whole cart project, felt that I HAD to proceed despite misgivings given my lack of understanding.

[FONT=Times New Roman]I followed the upgrade instructions for the database, changed the prefix because I was warned by the instructions that using an existing prefix would corrupt the database, and got a mass of Unintelligible messages alerts and general alarms.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana](to me, being of the category defined in the zen blurb “Some "solutions" seem to be complicated programming exercises instead of responding to users' needs, Zen Cart™ puts the merchants and shoppers requirements first. Similarly, other programs are nearly impossible to install and use without an IT degree, Zen Cart™ can be installed and set-up by ANYONE WITH THE MOST BASIC WEB SITE BUILDING AND COMPUTER SKILLS.”)[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]When I now try to access my admin, I get the following message[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]1146 Table 'pennyfarthinggallery_co_uk_-_pfcart.zen_project_version' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from zen_project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I have absolutely no idea what this means, nor how to correct it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I fid it hard to accept that: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Zen Cart™ can be installed and set-up by ANYONE WITH THE MOST BASIC WEB SITE BUILDING AND COMPUTER SKILLS.”)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]because BASIC seems far far more than where I am at, which is fairly html/css/ftp/ literate.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]I have now got a mashed site and admin and am in a state of complete despair after weeks of effort, and don’t know where to start to recover the mess.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]If anyone can throw light on the message[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]1146 Table 'pennyfarthinggallery_co_uk_-_pfcart.zen_project_version' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select * from zen_project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]I would be eternally grateful, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]but given the lack of interest in my previous enquiry posted to try and avoid the corruption which now exists, I am thinking of abandoning the whole exercise. I believe an IT degree is absolutely necessary to engage with Zencart, since the process is presenting formidable and, to me, insuperable difficulties.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]I’m sorry if this appears to be a rant, but the mess just gets deeper with each step.[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrade total mash up

Kevin,

Can you provide a bit more detail into exactly what you began with and the steps you took. Along with the pieces that you have like a DB backup of the original cart - a fileset backup before the upgrade etc.??

If you first attempted this in a test cart area or on the base install?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi kobra

I went to zencart install, and chose upgrade database option.
    I got the warning in my previous post about changing the prefix, and backed up the database as advised, and have got a copy of *sql on my system.
    I then went and upgraded with 2 options ticked( they were already ticked in the zcinstall upgrade option
    ie
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Upgrade DB from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Upgrade DB from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7 [/FONT]
    then changed the prefix from zen_ to zn_, because I was advised that using an existing prefix would corrupt the data base.

When I clicked proceed with upgrade, I got a whole page of stuff, one of which advised me that the configure.php could not be written to, being write protected.

[FONT=Tahoma]ATTENTION: Problems Found[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma]NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 3[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma]
      See details at bottom of page for your inspection.
      (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.)[/FONT]
      [FONT=Tahoma]
      Note: In most cases, these failed statements can be ignored,
      as they are indications that certain settings may have already been set on your site.
      If all the suggested upgrade steps have been completed (no recommendations left),
      you may proceed to Skip Upgrades and continue configuring your site. more info... [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma]store configure.php is not writeable more info... [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Tahoma]Could not rename all tables more info... [/FONT]

I went to the consol on Doteasy, and set the permission to write, and went through the upgrade click again, and got the following:

32 statements processed.
    Note: 14 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
    12 statements processed.
    Note: 7 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

:: Zen Cart™ Setup - Database Upgrade

Warning: This script should ONLY be used to upgrade your Zen Cart database schema through the versions listed below. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing a full backup of your database prior to performing any upgrades on it!
    ATTENTION: Problems Found
    • NOTE: Skipped upgrade statements: 21
      See details at bottom of page for your inspection.
      (Details also logged in the "upgrade_exceptions" table.)
      Note: In most cases, these failed statements can be ignored,
      as they are indications that certain settings may have already been set on your site.
      If all the suggested upgrade steps have been completed (no recommendations left),
      you may proceed to Skip Upgrades and continue configuring your site.
      more info...

Please check the details below very carefully. This information is taken from your configure.php settings.
    Do not proceed unless you're sure they're correct, or else you risk corruption to your database.

Database Information -- Upgrade Sniffer predicts:
    Database Type = mysql
    Database Host = 127.0.0.1
    Database Name = pennyfarthinggallery_co_uk_-_pfcart
    Database Username = pfgallery
    Database Table-Prefix = zn_
    Database Privileges = Not Checked

Please confirm your desired upgrade steps
    Upgrade DB from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1
    Upgrade DB from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1
    Upgrade DB from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    Upgrade DB from 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 to 1.1.4
    Upgrade DB from 1.1.4 to 1.1.4-patch1
    Upgrade DB from 1.1.4-x to 1.2.0
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7
    Upgrade DB from 1.2.7 to 1.3.0
    Upgrade DB from 1.3.0 to 1.3.0.1
    Upgrade DB from 1.3.0.1 to 1.3.0.2
    Upgrade DB from 1.3.0.2 to 1.3.5
    Upgrade DB from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6
    Upgrade DB from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7

Change Database Table-PrefixIf you wish to change the database table prefixes, enter the new prefix below. NOTE: please verify that the prefix name is not already used in your database, as we do not check for such duplication. Using an already-existing table prefix will corrupt your database.
    New Table-Prefix
    Enter the NEW Table-Prefix more info...
    WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE TABLE PREFIXES IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FULL AND DEPENDABLE RECENT BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE CONTENTS. If something goes wrong in the process, you will need to recover from your backup. If this is cause for concern or uncertainty for you, then DO NOT attempt to rename your tables.

Database SecurityYour Administrator username/password (the one that you use to access your shop Admin area) are required in order to make database changes. (This is NOT your MySQL password) more info...
    Admin Username (from Zen Cart Admin area)
    Password

After clicking below, DO NOT INTERRUPT. Please be patient during upgrade.

• [FONT=Times New Roman]Welcome [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]License [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Prerequisites [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]System Setup [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]phpBB Setup [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Database Setup [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Database Upgrade [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Store Setup [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Admin Setup [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Finished [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Copyright © 2003-2007 [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Zen Cart™[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "DEFINE_PAGE_NOT_FOUND_STATUS" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CURRENCY_UPLIFT_RATIO" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CURRENCY_UPLIFT_RATIO" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_TOP_WIDTH" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_TOP_HEIGHT" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_NEW_PRODUCTS" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_SPECIALS_PRODUCTS" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_EMPTY_UPCOMING" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORY_ROW_STATUS" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "SHOW_NEW_PRODUCTS_UPCOMING_MASKED" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "META_TAG_INCLUDE_MODEL" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column get_term_table because it already exists.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column get_term_name_field because it already exists.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column get_term_name_field because it already exists.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column coupon_zone_restriction because it already exists.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "USE_SPLIT_LOGIN_MODE" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column customers_paypal_payerid because it already exists.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot ADD column customers_paypal_ec because it already exists.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CC_ENABLED_SOLO" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CC_ENABLED_SWITCH" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "CC_ENABLED_MAESTRO" because it already exists[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "DEFINE_PAGE_NOT_FOUND_STATUS" because it already exists[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]I went to access my admin area where I got the following:[/FONT]

in:
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Thats about it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]cheers[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

ps
    I did not have a test area for this exercise since doteasy only allow one database without paying yet more money.
    Since I wanted to change hosts(as you know!) I thought that the warning(IF something goes wrong) impied that it should be ok, but backup just in case.

Plugin Contributions

I do not know without looking what DB prefix you had and now have???

but the warning revolves around using care that another application sharing the DB space has not utilized the prefix as this will cause corruption -

Maybe better stated - Use care to NOT attempt to use a prefix that may be used by another application...

Being that you have used a prefix or assigned one in this upgrade process check your 2 configure.php files and towards the bottom the
    Code:
    // define our database connection
      define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
      define('DB_PREFIX', 'add your prefix here');
    If a prefix is not indicated add/edit and save/upload both this would be according to your post 'zn_'
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

well well
    Yup and so very many thanks kobra

I looked at the config files, and as you suspected, the problem was the name in the

configure.php

define('DB_PREFIX',

which i changed as advised, and now it looks like its healed, and when I access admin I see
    Zen Cart 1.3.7

Database Patch Level: 1.3.7.!!

Its like when you know, its a cinch, when you don't, its a nightmare.

I'm feeling exhausted at the mo', and am playing Pink Ffloyd VERY loud!
    I've yet to set up other stuff like credit card modules, and testing orders, SSL etc. and one day, one day, months after embarking, the cart will hopefuly, actually go live.

Meanwhile..., Kobra is King, and I'm toasting your prosperity with a bottle of La Grande Classique wine.
    Have a VERY nice day dude.
    lol
    kevin

Plugin Contributions

Only repetition, repetition and repetition make this any easier...usually, as in this case a minor oversight - step taken by mis-interrputation or???

Glad that you are back in step....turn up PF a few more decibels!!!
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I'd blame it on Pink Floyd myself!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - this post just saved me a heap of trouble!