PayPal Communications Response Testing Tools
If you suspect your order-completion communications between PayPal and your site are not working properly, you can test the communications using this quick little tool.
Common symptoms of bad IPN communications:
- orders not showing up in Zen Cart but PayPal receipt issued when using PayPal IPN module
- echeck updates not completing when using Express Checkout module
For v1.3.9h, v1.5.0, v1.5.1 and newer, the tool is already in the /extras/ folder on your Zen Cart site:
1. Run http://your_site.com/extras/ipncheck.php via your browser.
For v1.3.8a, use the attached file below:
1. Upload ipncheck.php to your store's folder on your webserver.
2. Run http://your_site.com/ipncheck.php via your browser (adjust for whatever folder you might have placed it in while uploading).
ipncheck.zip = IPNCHECK v1.0
ipncheck139.zip = IPNCHECK v1.3.9 (which has more friendly status reporting)
Last edited by DrByte; 22 Mar 2009 at 06:02 AM.
Reason: updated ipncheck139.zip
Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate
Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.
By daperini in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
Last Post: 5 Sep 2007, 09:44 PM
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2013 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC