Plugin Contributions

Default How long does it hold something in the shopping cart?

I hope this question makes sense. I'm selling digital goods and want to offer a sale price for something. Once it is no longer on sale I want to remove it entirely from the site. If someone has already placed it into the shopping cart but has not completed the transaction in PayPal, the item remains in the shopping cart and is there the next time they log in.

Is there a time limit for how long something remains in the shopping cart? Is there anything I can do to remove it from the shopping cart if the item has been removed from the site? In other words, I need to stop people from paying for something at the sale price after the sale ends. If they pay for an item that is no longer on the site, they can't get the download.

Please let me know if this needs more explanation.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
    GiGi

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How long does Zen Cart/PayPal hold something in the shopping cart?

Products placed in the Shopping Cart, while they will be there on the customer's next visit (if the product still exists and is in stock), the Product Price will change to the current price, and not remain at the old price of what it was when it was when added to the cart, an hour ago, yesterday, last week or last month ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

If you no longer stock the product for purchase, Disable the product.
    Then when a customer logs in next, the product will be removed from their shopping cart
    and they won't be able to purchase it (at any price)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    If you no longer stock the product for purchase, Disable the product.
    Then when a customer logs in next, the product will be removed from their shopping cart
    and they won't be able to purchase it (at any price)
    Wow, this is terrific. Thank you so much for the information. On a previous site, I have had people put something in the shopping cart and wait two or three months to make the purchase (long after a sale price has expired). This will make things much simpler for me.

I really appreciate your help with this.
    GiGi