Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Export orders to Spreadsheet / Excel to email to suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by lyricwings View Post
    I'm so excited - thank you so much for this add!!

Question - I did my first export and I selected to open the file instead of save it. It said the file could not be read, and the file size is 0.
    This could very well be because I selected Open and not Save - I've encountered that problem before - so it may not even have anything to do with your module.

However, I can't try again with the Save option to see if I can export successfully because it thinks I've already exported everything, so there are no records to export.

Is there a workaround for this -- to re-export items that it thinks I've already exported?

Thanks!
    Currently the only way to "re-export" files is to manually get into the orders table in your database and set the "downloaded_ship" field to "no" for all the records you want to try to export. In future versions, this may be a feature that I add to the Admin, however, in that case, you would need to manually select the files that successfully exported.

The reason you got a "0" is more than likely because of something done in the way you saved it. I have never experienced this problem in the past.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

<The reason you got a "0" is more than likely because of something done in the way you saved it. I have never experienced this problem in the past.>

I tried again downloading new orders using "Save" from the download box instead of "Open" and it still gives me a file size of 0.

Do you have any idea of what I could have done wrong in the way I save it, since you think that is likely the problem? All I did was:

- Click "Full Product Details" box
    - Click Export to Excel Spreadsheet Button
    - Select "Save" when the download box appears

Am I missing a step?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lyricwings View Post
    <The reason you got a "0" is more than likely because of something done in the way you saved it. I have never experienced this problem in the past.>

I tried again downloading new orders using "Save" from the download box instead of "Open" and it still gives me a file size of 0.

Do you have any idea of what I could have done wrong in the way I save it, since you think that is likely the problem? All I did was:

- Click "Full Product Details" box
    - Click Export to Excel Spreadsheet Button
    - Select "Save" when the download box appears

Am I missing a step?
    Nope, not missing anything. :)

What version of Zen are you running (although it should work on any from 1.2.6 up)?

Can you send me a URL to look at (private message me).?

Thanks!
    Last edited by econcepts; 15 Jun 2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: altered info
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, great module, just what I was look for

I'm having a similar issue with the 'orders' being duplicated.

If an item is paid for using PayPal Express Checkout, it updates the status box, therefore making two lines that are exported.

I also tried it with the money order payment option, only one line is there, which is fine, but I then 'updated' the order (didn't change the status) and this caused two lines to be created ready for export, and if once payment was received, I updated the status, this would then cause a third line to be created. So basically, it appears as if there are two/three orders under the same order number. Maybe there is some way to make it only able to export one line per order rather than based on the 'status/history' table?

Also, a suggestion, is it possible to only select certain orders based on status? eg. I only want to export 'Processing' orders (orders that have been paid for). I don't want to export orders that are still awaiting payment as then I run the risk of sending an item to someone that has not paid.

Look forward to your response, and keep up the good work

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, the next set of "revisions" are in the works to offer more options for export.

The reason you are seeing duplicate order lines is due to the "number of comments" an order has. If an order has more than one comment, then you will see multiple lines that look duplicate (but if you look closely, you should see the comments section is different form row to row).

I am working on a way to avert this, but am also working on the ability which many other users have requested which is to allow the orders to export as "1 PRODUCT" per line (not "1 Order per line" as it is now).

This would assist those looking to import the data in to programs that require a set amount of fields to be present (which most programs like).

Does that help?

I expect the next set of revisions to be out within the next week or so.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I haven't tried importing to any other programs yet, I'm thinking along the lines of ordering. When the lines are duplicated based on the comments, it appears there are two orders for the same product, I realise the order number is the same, but for example, if I was to send that file or similar to a supplier, the order would effectively be doubled (unless I was to manually remove each extra line).

Heres how it looked with the money order option used, and this is without it being marked has payment received, which would cause a third line:

6 ****@****.com Name Address Suburb State Post Code Australia 1 Test Product DVTEST
    6 ****@****.com Name Address Suburb State Post Code Australia 1 Test Product DVTEST

And also the ability to select only certain products, ie. select only orders that have been paid etc. would be really good.

I can understand the 1 product per line, as they have the same order number so that shouldn't be a problem, but from the basic ordering point of view I could see it causing problems with doubling up orders, wouldn't it?

Plugin Contributions

Great points. Yes, I see what you are saying with the "doubling up" of orders (with the same id). The reason you are seeing this is due to the "order status history" (mainly the "comments" field). If an order has more than one comment (or is "updated") and adds a new entry to the "order status history" table, then you will see multiple rows which appear to be duplicate orders.

This is an issue that I will work on in the next release. Hopefully that addresses a few of the concerns a few have had.

The next release will attempt to address the concerns of two different types of "users" of the module currently.

1) those needing only one row of data per order, complete with all comments, order details, qty's etc... which they will send off to a supplier

2) and those that use the data to import into another program for analysis (which would require there to be a set number of fields and have one "product" per row (rather than one "order" per row).

So, with the next release, those two issues will be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by shanus View Post
    And also the ability to select only certain products, ie. select only orders that have been paid etc. would be really good.
    Good idea here. I like it. I'll certainly consider it and add it to the list in a future release.

Quote Originally Posted by shanus View Post
    I can understand the 1 product per line, as they have the same order number so that shouldn't be a problem, but from the basic ordering point of view I could see it causing problems with doubling up orders, wouldn't it?
    Not really. This is actually the "standard" way that most export files would be generated (for most programs). If you were to try to import the current export format to any program for analysis, the columns would overlap due to there being more columns in some orders than others.

By standardizing the export into a set number of columns, all data would be present as needed to import into a program (like excel etc..) for complete analysis.

I can assure you, that the current export functionality will remain in the next release. I am only going to add another option for export format so I address the concerns of those looking for the latter.

The next version will allow you to select whether or not you want the orders exported in "1 order per row" format or in "1 PRODUCT per row" format.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Export orders to Spreadsheet / Excel to email to suppliers

Hi econcepts!

Thanks for your hard work with this

Just using this mod I am having the same probs as everyone else - every order paid with PayPal Express is being completely duplicated

Also COMMAS in any field are throwing all the columns completely out of whack, just about EVERY order comment has a comma in there somewhere, also many addresses have commas such as "Level 1, 25 North St" etc. or "North Sydney, Sydney", the commas automatically start a new column, also I have many line breaks in my order comments and this automatically goes over several lines as well e.g.

Hi there,

Your order has been shipped

thanks

e.g. the above goes over 5 lines. On second thoughts I don't really need to export MY comments really just the CUSTOMERS notes they added to the order

Maybe we can just export as EXCEL instead of csv? Or these fields need to be exported in " " because I know excel uses " " as a disqualifier

I think one line per order is definately best as if we send orders to the warehouse to ship, we have to fill in a form of each order and some have 1,2,3 products etc.

Definately I think the best way as far as exporting orders would be to TICK and choose the orders you want to export! And also display them MOST RECENT FIRST not earliest in time first as is currently the case

cheers,
    Dave

P.S. was just watching some of the videos on your site, awesome work :)

Plugin Contributions

apemusic,

Yes, that occurs (duplicate rows, and items thrown off due to the way many users wanted it to export (although not the "best" method).

So, I already have the next version just about set here and it allows you to select another method of export format. So, those that like the current way can use it, and those that like it with a "set number of columns" (great for use when comparing in programs like Excel) will have that as well.

I personally prefer the latter, but I want to give users the most flexibility.

In any event, the next version (will just overwrite what you currently have) is set for release very shortly.

I also included the " " as the text qualifier to overcome any of those initial issues of "throwing things off" for records with "," in them.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default New Version 1.2.1 Released

Thanks for the valuable feedback on this everyone.

I have just released a new version (1.2.1) of my "Export Shipping and Order Information" contribution.

This version (1.2.1) is considered the current Stable version, and anyone using previous versions should upgrade to this (very easy ... just overwrite everything you have there currently with the new files).

I uploaded it to the Zen Cart downloads section, and it should be available within the next few days (as soon as approved by the Zen Cart Team).

When they approve it, you can get it at:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=604

In the meantime, for those of you who want it now, you can get more information on it, as well as download it, from my website:

http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...-contribution/

This newest release addresses several issues and adds more new features.

A run down of that is here.

Bugfixes Included in Version 1.2.1

1. Text qualifier (quote) ” added to eliminate records breaking to a new line when a comma was present (mainly in addresses).

2. Corrected issues with multiple lines being exported when more than one comment was present for an order. Now only the first comment is exported with the list. This is typically the comment that the customer left while placing the order the first time.

3. Corrected issues with order comments that span multiple lines throwing export off.

New Features for Version 1.2.1

1. Added the ability to export in two different file layout formats (”1 Order per row” OR “1 Product per row”)

2. Added “Test” feature. This enables you to run a test export without marking the orders as “exported” in the system. It can be handy if you want to export items and test import into other programs before you actually want them to be marked as “exported” (which removes them from future abilities to download). Once you are satisfied with your test, de-select that option, and export as normal. The orders will all export and be marked as “exported” so they will not show up in future downloads.

3. All product attributes are added to a single column and are separated by a pipe delimiter ” | “

4. Added header information and set number of columns to each export making it easier to import into other programs and analyze results.

Again, if you are running previous versions of this software, I recommend you upgrade to this most stable release (1.2.1). I've made it very easy to do so.

Enjoy!
    Eric

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast