Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Unlimited quantity?

Hi;

My site is about online services and download, so how do i make the quantity of products are unlimited; so i dont need to add them every time run out of stock? Since its never run out of stock...

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unlimited quantity?

In admin > Configuration > Stock, set check stock and subtract stock to false. Make sure you have a quantity in stock of 1 or more in the product entry/editing page.

Plugin Contributions

great thanks a lot

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    In admin > Configuration > Stock, set check stock and subtract stock to false. Make sure you have a quantity in stock of 1 or more in the product entry/editing page.

thanks for this info but by doing this it says there is 1 in stock on my product info page

i want to show i have unlimited stock.....how?

Plugin Contributions

In Tools > Developers Toolkit, enter "units in stock" in the upper left box, select catalog files and search. This will show the file and line number where the text is defined. Edit that to say what you want and put the file in your template override folder.

To not show the number, find in tpl_product_info.php
    PHP Code:
    <!--bof Product details list  -->
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == and !empty($manufacturers_name))) ) { ?>
    <ul id="productDetailsList" class="floatingBox back">
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL $products_model '</li>' '') . "\n"?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT .  $products_weight TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT '</li>'  '') . "\n"?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' $products_quantity TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY '</li>'  '') . "\n"?>
      <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER $manufacturers_name '</li>' '') . "\n"?>
    </ul>
    and delete

. $products_quantity

PHP Code:
     <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY '</li>'  '') . "\n"?>

Plugin Contributions

ACK! No need to touch the files to turn off the quantity - look in your Admin> Catalog> Product Types> Product General - click edit layout and then disable the product quantity display.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

This was for the case where he wanted to have an "unlimited stock" message showing, so just turning it off would eliminate that.

Yes, it would be easier to just turn qty in stock off and indicate elsewhere that there is no limit.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I tried your suggestion for the Document-Product type but it does not work. I am selling a service and everytime a customer purchases a service, the service in the shopping cart will be displayed in red with 3 asterisks (out of stock).

Is there a way around it?

Regards,

Hansi

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I think that I figured it out. You have to also set the Check Stock level option to false.

Hansi

Plugin Contributions

You didn't try all the suggestions, because at least one of them will work for your case.

---
    Ok, good for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast