Plugin Contributions

Default Configure Short Url

I've installed ZEn Cart successfully, but I have to enter my zencart directory as part of the URL. How do I get the domain name to be my web site address ?? I'm obviously doing something silly, but .... help appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configure Short Url

I forgot to add when i try my domain name , i get an HTTP 403 message saying the website declined to show this webpage.

SASCRUISER

Plugin Contributions

So, right now.. your store is like: www.yourstore.com/yourstorefolder
    and you want it like: www.yourstore.com ?

You could .htaccess redirect straight to where your directory store folder is.

http://www.weborum.com/301-redirect.php

Being that you have a fresh install and you know how the installation process goes.. you can also just upload all your ZC fileset files into your main root directory this time(without a directory folder) and set-up another database to assign it to. Then, your folder ZC can be your designated test store.

Plugin Contributions

Sketchy, thanks for the info.

What I'm wondering is 'have I done something wrong?' Shouldn't i be able to have all the files in a selfcontained directory? and still acccess it as a .COM URL, or is it usual to copy all the sub directories to the HTTPDOCS folder from the hosting company? I'll try and get a grip; on the .HTA approach pending any other resolution.

I was wondering whether I've specified my access paths wrongly when I installed, or whether I should have moved the INDEX file to a higher directory level to make it initiate etc

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You could just move all the files up a folder, and repoint the configure.php files:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Change_Folders

Before you do the move, goto Admin->Configuration->Sessions, and edit the Session Directory to reflect the new path (that'll save you having to run fix_cache_key or otherwise updating the database part).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to everyone.

Have moved the files into HTTPDOCS and same problem remained. I then found I had renamed the INDEX file to INDEX1 for some reason, renaming this removed the problem.

Thanks again.