Plugin Contributions

red flag how do i turn off weight and quantity?

When viewing a product, it shows product weight and also how many in stock, i do not want this information displayed, i tried CONFIGURATION-->ALL LISTING -->DISPLAY PRODUCT WEIGHT to 0 and 0000 but it still shows up. What gives?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how do i turn off weight and quantity?

Those settings control only the "all products listing". But it sounds as though you want to turn them off on the "product info" page.

To do this you go

Admin > Catalog > Product Types

then choose your product type (most likely "product - general") and click the "edit layout" button. This will bring up a screen with the settings for the information that you are talking about.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar question.... I don't want to turn the weight off on all the products, just on some. (we have some products that weight doesn't apply to)

On the products info page, I didn't see anywhere that said "do not show weight"... I've only found that option for ALL products. How do I do this for an individual product?

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The official answer is that if you have two types of product, you should set up two product types and format each according to their needs.

However, if you're like 99% of Zen Cart store admins, you'll have tipped them all into product_general, and to be fair, documentation on setting up new product types is sparse and a bit techie.

So here's a second suggestion. Have you tried setting the product weights to zero on those products for which have no weight? If you do, the check for this should kick in and the weight data will be suppressed from the product info field.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The official answer is that if you have two types of product, you should set up two product types and format each according to their needs.

However, if you're like 99% of Zen Cart store admins, you'll have tipped them all into product_general, and to be fair, documentation on setting up new product types is sparse and a bit techie.

So here's a second suggestion. Have you tried setting the product weights to zero on those products for which have no weight? If you do, the check for this should kick in and the weight data will be suppressed from the product info field.
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was already showing up as "0" lbs... instead of the weight not showing up at all. I'll double check, though.

I can try adding a new product type, if someone can give step by step directions. Because we're going to have a few products that weight doesn't apply to.

Plugin Contributions

uhg, this is frustrating. I'm making all sorts of changes, and none of them are going through today.

I tried just turning off the weight on all the products, for now, and even that didn't do it.

I'm also trying to fix the sort order (sorry, that's another topic) but no changes i'm making are registering.

Plugin Contributions

There are a number of locations for weight display ... thus, there are a number of places to turn this off based on your specific needs ...

Catalog ... Product Type ...
    Pick a Product Type and hit the Edit Layout button

Configuration ... Product Listing ...

Configuration ... New Listing ...

Configuration ... Featured Listing ...

Configuration ... All Listing ...

Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ...

Each can be configured separately ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!