Plugin Contributions

Default "Notify Customer" Order Update Emails Not Sending (using Edit Orders mod)

Good afternoon!

I've got version 1.3.7 with the "Edit Orders" admin mod. I didn't check to see whether the emails were sending before adding this mod, so I'm not sure that it is its fault! Just mentioning that because it's how I see the orders now that it's installed.

The "Notify Customer:" checkbox is checked, and I type a little note in the comment box and hit update. The status does then change in the admin area, as well as in the front-end user "account order history" list.

However, the notes aren't saved to the "comments" table in either place, and the email is sent with a blank recipient: (I have the Email-Archive Manager admin mod as well. It shows the following sent email (unedited):

Code:
    Module: default

To: []
    Sent: 2007-05-18 11:49:58
    Subject: Order Update

Message Excerpt:

Cupcake.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Order Number: 6
    Detailed Invoice: http://www.cupcakeshop.com/index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=6
    Date Ordered:

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing

Please reply to this email if you have any questions....
    Since the recipient is blank, nothing is received on the customer end. Also (maybe related) it looks like it's not filling out the date of the order or putting the comments into the email, either. I attempted to reinstall the mods, and have followed all steps shown. Please help!

Thanks!
    Audra

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Notify Customer" Order Update Emails Not Sending

If you use the built-in default "orders" page to update orders, instead of an addon 3rd-party contribution, does it work properly?

If you've totally replaced the default "Orders" menu option with the edit-orders mod, then you'll have to manually open the regular orders page by going to your /admin/orders.php directly in your browser URL. Hopefully you haven't installed a mod that changes the default behaviour of the normal order-mgmt tool.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Notify Customer" Order Update Emails Not Sending (using Edit Orders mod)

Thank you! I was hoping for your help.

I tried updating using all status options (both with and without comments) through both the "edit orders" Edit button, and the default "Details" button, where I'm used to handling these updates. Both (from the admin/orders.php and the admin/edit_orders.php) seem to direct me to:

Code:
    http://www.cupcakeshop.com/xxxxxxx/edit_orders.php?page=1&oID=5&action=edit
    So, I'm guessing this means that it has overwritten the original file?

I will have to walk-backwards out of this mod, me-thinks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Notify Customer" Order Update Emails Not Sending (using Edit Orders mod)

I removed the added and changed files from this mod, and replaced them with the original files from a fresh 1.3.7 unzip. Problem solved. Able to send updates and append order history and comments tables again.

Plugin Contributions

a bit old this thread but I am getting this too when using this mod.

In edit_orders.php on lines 185 and 186 the fields for customer email address ( and name and date_purchased) are wrong.

Notice the $check_status['customers_email_address'] should be $check_status->fields['customers_email_address'].

Wrong code:-
    Code:
    $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . zen_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
    zen_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
    Correct Code:-
    Code:
    $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . zen_date_long($check_status->fields['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
    zen_mail($check_status->fields['customers_name'], $check_status->fields['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);