Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS_patch_may14-2007b.zip

If you edit the May 14 /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php file, and scroll to the bottom, you should see this:
    Code:
        'VN' => 'Vietnam',
        'WF' => 'Wallis and Futuna Islands',
        'WS' => 'Western Samoa',
        'YE' => 'Yemen',
        'ZM' => 'Zambia',
        'ZW' => 'Zimbabwe');

return $list;
      }
    }
    ?>
    What happens if you delete that last line ... the one with this in it:
    Code:
    ?>
    ... and then re-upload the file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    it really suggests that there's a problem with how your server is reading the module file

Are you uploading the .php files as ascii or binary ?
    In ascii. I don't understand why the server would act up, since all files were uploaded successfully at the onset.

So, just to be sure. This patch file should work and should make USPS rates available as before, which gave us the correct shipping rates for Domestic but nothing for International or is this patch file going to give us International rates as well?

thanks.
    I have no issues with self-importance, therefore, I do not have a signature with useless links blatantly advertising little of interest.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The patch gives both domestic and international.

It's not a complex change. I'm puzzled about the difficulties you're encountering ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What happens if you delete that last line ... the one with this in it:
    Code:
    ?>
    ... and then re-upload the file.
    Did that, nothing happens, still the same as what the snapshot shows, the usps. php file doesn't appear at all.

thanks.
    Last edited by steely; 20 May 2007 at 09:50 PM.
    I have no issues with self-importance, therefore, I do not have a signature with useless links blatantly advertising little of interest.

Plugin Contributions

Now, when I remove the usps.php file, I do get the right column back, minus the usps.php file showing of course.

I'll work on this today and see if I missed something.

thanks for your time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The sidebox will fail to appear if there is a PHP error while loading the module in the left-hand listing. You'll notice that the listing stops at the usps phase, and fails to load the "zones" module option as well ... because for some reason it's dying on the usps module.

Sometimes the cause for it croaking there is because it's loading a bad language file (which it loads at the same time as it loads the module itself), or attempts to load a non-existent language file. Other times it dies because of a PHP error occurring within the module itself, sometimes as a result of some system conflict for which no detailed error is being reported.

Sometimes folks upload the module file to the languages folder, causing a "duplicate class declaration" error.

You could try going into the /admin/includes/application_top.php file and looking for this line:
    Code:
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
    and removing the & ~E_NOTICE portion. You'll see a number of warnings, most of which can be ignored, but the key you're looking for is likely the last of the warnings/errors displayed. This may or may not offer a clue.

Plugin Contributions

I took the plunge and replaced the usps.php files in both folders on the server for the new version of zencart, 1.3.7 following carefully the instructions in post http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ewpost&t=65732

This version of zencart is hosted on another server than the version mentioned in my previous posts and unfortunately this one is not working either.

In admin modules>shipping, the right column is there, I see the added choice of 'staging', I have it on 'production' and there are no rates reported, neither Domestic nor International.
    At least, before, Domestic rates were reporting correctly, now USPS does not show up at all in 'Estimate Shipping Costs'.

sheesh~

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: 1/2 hour later in version 1.3.7.....

I deleted the patched usps.php files from the server, renamed the original files back to their original names, in both folders, removed the usps module under admin, re-installed the usps module and now USPS is not present in 'estimate shipping costs'.

why is this file so volatile?
    now how do I get the USPS shipping module back on track?

thanks for the assist

Plugin Contributions

oK, I said in my previous post that I used 'production' as the test server to use, so I reread the instructions given for installing this patch and ajeh mentions 'staging', so I redid the whole exercise with the uploading of the patched files, etc....

and it ain't working. USPS doesn't show up in the 'avail shipping methods'

goodnight

Plugin Contributions

I had this same problem. I needed to put all my previous USPS module components back in place, then make sure they were all installed - then I had to remove them, DELETE them from the server, and then upload the new modules and reinstall.

I was unable to select any shipping options or even see the new USPS module until i uninstalled BEFORE deleting the old from the server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12