Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default XML UPS strange rates and limited shipping options

Good day to you all,

This is my first post...but I know how forums work so i have spent nearly about an hour searching through other posts to find this problem and I didn't have any luck. As I am new to this I'd like to apologize for any questions i have that may waste your time but your help will be greatly appreciated.

I have the UPS xml installed and its giving rates, but there is a slight problem with the rates. There way too expensive. Being located in Canada myself, I tested the shipping rates to send to another province in Canada and for the standard shipping it came out to be nearly $40 for an item that weighs nearly a pound. All weight additions for shipping have been turned off under config -> packaging/shipping. I've looked through the settings and can't seem to find anything wrong. But because I am new to this im sure there is something im missing.

It also does not show any other option for other styles of shipping via UPS...what i mean by this is that it only offers the standard shipping. There is no option displayed for 2 day or 1 day or express etc. They are checked in the UPS XML shipping module but don't seem to show. As for shipping to USA it does show other options. But only 2 more and still the shipping rate is ridiculously high. For a shipment of the same weight (nearly a pound) to California using the express is displayed to cost nearly $80. Although im not familiar with the shipping costs and rates myself i know that this is just way too high.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone could direct me on where i should look in order to fix this problem. Again all help is appreciated. Thank You everyone and Thank You ZenCart!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: XML UPS strange rates and limited shipping options

anyone have any idea?

Plugin Contributions

Please provide an example of from and to addressing costs from the UPS XML and same address's from UPS.COM for root cause analysis.

Dennis

Plugin Contributions

Was this problem resolved? I've been looking all through the archived upsxml thread but this is the only thread that addresses the exact problem I am also having. I have not yet tried a US address but have tried 1 local and one long distance test accounts and only get the UPS "standard" rate. My rates look OK dollar wise so its just the shipping options that I am looking to fix.

Like ejeffay I have other rates selected on the admin screen but they just will not show up. I've tried changing the various options of pick ups and billing but no change.

I am just trying to get this working for the first time today if that matters. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks,

Graham
    www.brochureworld.ca

Plugin Contributions

Please tell me what the shipping options are not working for you.

Plugin Contributions

Well for fun I just ticked all the options
    Next Day Air
    2nd Day Air
    Ground
    Worldwide Express
    Worldwide Expedited
    Standard
    3 Day Select
    Next Day Air Saver
    Next Day Air Early A.M.
    Worldwide Express Plus
    2nd Day Air A.M.
    Express NA1
    Express Saver

and I did get 1 more to show up (express saver) but none of the rest seem to work.

Thanks for responding so fast!

Graham

Plugin Contributions

Ok, now go to UPS.com, using the same from and to addresses and see which ones show up in the list.

Plugin Contributions

I get UPS Express, Express Saver, Expedited and Standard off of UPS.com. Of which (I maybe see where you are going here) the only 2 that match the list above are the ones that display. Express saver (for this address) is listed as just as fast as express and is next day. So the long and short are covered.

I would like to get a 2nd day air if possible (which is the expedited by the looks of things) if only because 3 is a nice number of options.

I assume I would need to go into the mod somewhere and add the code to pull that rate and display it? If you have any guidance I can try that but I am a newbie and really only copy suggestions I see elsewhere with any success so I might just leave it too.

Thanks,

Graham

Plugin Contributions

I also just tried it with a US address and I get lots of options. So I think its just not pulling the 'expedited' rate for Canada.

Graham

Plugin Contributions

I am convinced you understand now. UPS has plenty of documents to help you out. I you need some links, let me know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast