Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Additional products fields

Ok, I don't think I need to repeat the title, since I know how people were expecting something like this to happen since a long time. The day has finally arrived. The MOD is ready.

Site: 'http://www.storm.ca/~oracle'

Features and FULL details has been documented under the installation text guide.

Good luck !

MODERATOR NOTE: This mod is apparently no longer available nor supported by its author. The reasons given on the author's website are only half the story. This discussion thread remains available for reference for those who have already downloaded and attempted to use the contribution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional products fields

Any inputs for this MOD yet ? I thought this was a very expected MOD that users would look forward to have.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Oracle,

I am trying the mod you made.

I encounter this when I go to make a new item:-

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_table_fields() in /home/thegemtr/public_html/leesa/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 46
    on add product fields page, this appears at the top:-

One or some methods are missing from your includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php file which this feature requires to output the results properly.<br />Please follow the installation instructions again and make sure all methods has been implemented in the file.
    I have encountered similar problems before with a mod. I believe I have to add a define to a file called database_tables.php?

I added this to it and the second problem goes away:-

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_ADDITIONAL', DB_PREFIX . 'products_additional');
    By the way, I have winmerged mod files with existing ones, and executed SQL.

Plugin Contributions

Hello there,

Sorry, forget that last bit, the second error still shows up.

I am on Php 4.4

Plugin Contributions

I have encountered similar problems before with a mod. I believe I have to add a define to a file called database_tables.php?
    No, the definition file has been included under this package within includes/extra_configures folder.

I added this to it and the second problem goes away:-
    Remove it. Otherwise, you will create an initialization conflict between the core's definition name and the overrides definition name.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_table_fields() in /home/thegemtr/public_html/leesa/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 46
    It would seem ... I was too concentrated with the additional customers fields MOD. My guess is that you did not installed it (which is why, it returns you this error message). However, I must apologize, since it is not required too.

Very well - package update on my site. You may re-download it again. For your case, simply compare the readings of my includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php file with yours as this should resolve the problem.

I am on Php 4.4
    Very good. In that case, after implementing these additional readings, you should not encounter any problems.

I will mention it now to users who are using PHP v5+ , it has not been tested under this version, since I do not use it right now. Any problematical issues should be taken care of as long as it goes.

Thanks for these important catches.

Plugin Contributions

Hello there again,

I have amended accordingly. No problems encountered. I do have use for this mod. Forgive me though, I may be misunderstadning the instructions so far. I have enabled the two test fields. I go to edit or create item. Are these two fields supposed to display, as they are not displaying at the moment? I am going over the instructions again, I may have missed a step.

Thanks so far!

Plugin Contributions

As per the installation instructions states (I believe), is that two test fields has already been created in order for users to understand visually the purpose of this MOD. If you activate them from the admin (and use the proper arrays from the admin's extra_definitions folder) + use my examples from the template files (by also assuming that you incorporated my modules within your overrides modules under the expected folder names - as shown from my package), there shouldn't be any problem to display these fields live.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info.

I wondered if you have an example / or test site with this in use at all?

It might help me to see the light better. lol

Plugin Contributions

I did thought about screenshots. Would that do ?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah screenshots are ok.

Does it have something to do with typing this as html into product creation page (HTMLarea)?

<input type="text" name="content" value="your content">

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast