Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Shorten URL's code - can I?

Does anyone have a fix for the extremely long url's I get for all my Pages? In HTML, I could always name my pages to make them releveant, but for 10" stripes, for instance, I get this:

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...d=&04ec...8fc9

shown full length: **ww.baltimorestreetmods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_2&products_id=1&zenid=&04...8fc9

***no one is ever gonna remember this if they want to direct a friend to the page.

When I would much prefer this: http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/10precut.php

or ...../05stangstripe.php

I've been told there is a fix for this, but have scoured the forums for hours with no luck locating.
    Last edited by Kim; 2 Jun 2007 at 06:11 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shorten URL's code - My wish list

Are you seeing the ZenID on every single click? If so that is a bad thing.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Are you seeing the ZenID on every single click? If so that is a bad thing.
    Yes it is...... and suggestions as to how to fix it?

Aside from this issue, everything else seems to run fine...... (well, aside from the fact that when my payments show up in paypal, sometimes they are missing the purchase details, but comparatively that is minor.)

Plugin Contributions

Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Someone has to know!!!! lol

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shorten URL's code

There are two contributions which you might try testing on a test site to see if they do what you want:

Ultimate SEO: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35034

"SEFU That Just Works": http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35057

Keep in mind that these were not built for the current version of Zen Cart (v1.3.7 as of today); although reading all the way through the discussion threads will show some updates that are available and deals with some known bugs and limitations which some folks may encounter.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shorten URL's code

Started the Ultimate SEO set, but the first thing to do int he direction for installation is to replace a piece of code - one I do not appear to have lol...........

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shorten URL's code - can I?

the first direction says:

New Installation Instructions
    1. Copy files from `_zen_cart_folder` to your Zen Cart install
    2. Open your Zen Cart file `includes/application_top.php` and find the following code around line 355:
      require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $template_dir_select . $_SESSION['language'] . '.php');// include the extra language translations include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'extra_definitions.php');

And replace with: require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $template_dir_select . $_SESSION['language'] . '.php');// include the extra language translations include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'extra_definitions.php'); // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.100 require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.url.php'); if (!is_object($seo_urls)) { $seo_urls = &new SEO_URL($_SESSION['languages_id']); }
    Not only is my code fro this file not 300 lines long, but the code it says to replace does not exist within this file.

I have uploaded the files in the Ultimate url file, but have not continued with these changes until I know what to do about this.

Is it possible this is not needed for the newest version of ZenCart?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Both SEO/SEFU modules were built for an older version of Zen Cart.

The Ultimate SEO discussion thread is many pages long, and a newer beta version is being experimented with, built for v1.3.7 in case you wish to be a guinea pig. Help for the beta module can often be obtained by following the specific instructions in the beta download as well as in the various beta announcements in the thread. Most issues are already discussed and documented in the thread, and you'll likely find resolutions to most questions already there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Both SEO/SEFU modules were built for an older version of Zen Cart.

The Ultimate SEO discussion thread is many pages long, and a newer beta version is being experimented with, built for v1.3.7 in case you wish to be a guinea pig. Help for the beta module can often be obtained by following the specific instructions in the beta download as well as in the various beta announcements in the thread. Most issues are already discussed and documented in the thread, and you'll likely find resolutions to most questions already there.
    Yeah, I looked through it, but if there is an answer there, I did not see it.

I do not mind being the guinea pig so long as I have some help...... shouldn't be too hard to fix it, and I do have a mirror site at my server we can run live tests on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast