Plugin Contributions

Default Possible to email order notifications of specific products to specific individuals?

Hi Zenners ~

I have products on my site that are created by about 100 different artists. Right now, we have to look through the orders each day and then manually email each artist with their orders.

I wondered if there is any way to automate this, or make it any easier. For example - to specify individual email confirmations to be sent when specific products are sold (i.e., when product a is sold, it sends an email to jane####################; when product b is sold, it sends an email to john####################)

I looked through the contributions and didn't find anything that was relevant and wondered if maybe I had missed one - or if anyone had any ideas of how this could be done.

Many thanks.
    ~LW

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Possible to email order notifications of specific products to specific individual

This could be done to setup an email per order per manufactuer or other criteria you may be using on your artists to send them a copy of the order that pertains to them ...

Be a bit of work ... but it can be done ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Possible to email order notifications of specific products to specific individual

Ajeh - thanks for your reply - you are always so helpful.

I'm glad it can be done. How would I go about doing it? (Yes, I'd want to set up email per manufactuer)

~LW

Plugin Contributions

You would have to customize the code to add an email address that will be sent to then build code to extract from the order the products for that email address ...

Look in the order class to see how the order is currently built ...

You can then build your email after or during this build of the regular email(s) for the order ...

Depending on how you have set up your artists this may be easier to do after the order is complete ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh -

This is outside my particular ability -- but at least I know it can be done. I'll look for someone I can hire perhaps to help me with it. I really appreciate your help, as always!

LW

Plugin Contributions

This could also be added in one of my future released version of my distributed MOD called: additional products fields. I did not thought it this way that additional products could also be for specific customers. It could probably be done in no time when the time will be right.