Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

help question "not shipping to your area" and "no payment options for your area"

Well, having a very similar query & found no way to make a NEW POST, (please how do you find that option), I am therefore adding to this one.

This query is very similar, I will foloow those suggestions.
    I have loaded everything of Zen 1.3.7 and ready to add later some new patches for Paypal, Royal Mail & a dropdown menu. Have now understood how to backup everything before the patches and have made some template customisation, (DrByte assisted where I messed up previously).

My live site tests, just for UK, show no shipping options when you add one item (of only 3 items in it) and go to the shopping cart, I have selected Cheque/ bothPaypal using log files, flat rate £0.75, freeoptions and storepickup (using paypal for visitors).

1) On estimate shipping there is nothing there to select.
    2) On shopping cart options, using paypal express & review payment,
    we get this "unable... PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address. Please continue using normal checkout and select from the available payment methods to complete your order" being that every test account is another UK address.
    3)In shopping cart login, Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
    Please contact us for alternate arrangements... choose your payment method
    gives no options at all.
    4) My 75p flat rate does not show in either cart nor paypal.
    5) IPN/Express (both debug), Cheque, COD & ZenCart payment options on.

So if none of the previous answers help any of this, be very pleased for guidenance, & the book is a real help, just not as comprehensive as I would have liked, however well worth the money.

Anyone is welcome to play with my cart & become a 'customer' just for testing, & have a 1p item on test, even refundable if you get to paypal!
    Original store was 1.39:- TransportPostcards.co.uk/shop (redirecting out)
    Working on a fresh new store... 1.56a TransportPostcards.co.uk/store
    Appreciate Zen-Cart? - Always keep a banner link on your shop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "not shipping to your area" and "no payment options for your area"

1. I've split your post into its own new thread.
    2. To create new threads, click on the "New Thread" button when looking at the listing of threads in a particular forum category. There's one at the top and bottom of the list.
    (It's visible on the "listing" pages, but not while looking at a specific post.)

3. In your shipping and payment modules, what "Zone" have you selected for each?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Found that little blue box with white words NEW THREAD, bit colour blind could not see it...

Have not set any zones yet, as zones are US based and UK has none, only post codes?

Could not see anything related in the ZONES or Definitions for the UK about them.
    At the time I first set up, all I could see was Florida & for a tax reference. Took me a while to create the UK one & dropped the Florida one for now.
    I appreciated DrBytes guide the first mess I made on templates & I have almost mastered that bit, except for changing the 'More Info' boxes link names, & adding if I can a page 5?

Back to main query, cannot add products until PayPal is working.
    Been to PayPal & double checked all is well there, & have looked at logs but bewildering data.

Going through my options, & writing as editing to hopefully help others too.
    Payment = UK, but Shipping was false.
    It says; Calculate cost based on Weight, Price or Item?
    But I want a fixed flat fee (at 75p set elsewhere).
    Tax class = none (not vatable & all UK sales)
    Tax basis = shipping (although none)
    To disable all countries but UK for now is a lot of data to add?

Now it gives me this as shipping options;
    Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.
    Flat Rate £0.75GBP
    Best Way

Zone Rates £9.25GBP
    Shipping to GB
    I wonder how it gets the £9.25 but at least its getting there...
    But the free shipping is not mentioned nor is COD/pick up
    In 'Zone Definitions - Taxes, Payment and Shipping' sub-zone now defined as 'all zones' to GB (UK only)
    Store Pick up has arrived, but 'shipping to GB' (needs re-wording).
    Finally for now...
    'We were not able to process your order. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (Shipping Address Country Empty)'
    Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the postal address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be delivered to that address.

I shall come back again on this, after maybe more guidance on the PayPal bit would help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. By setting a zone other than '--none--' in a shipping or payment module, you will effectively disable that module if the customer's address is outside that zone. If in doubt or if something's not working right, set it back to '--none--'.
    Unless you have a clear need to set it to other than '--none--', then you're making things more complicated than they need to be.

2. PayPal does an address validation check when you submit an order for processing. If the address supplied doesn't pass validation, then you'll get either of the messages you have described in your posts. This usually happens when attempting to use fake addresses for testing purposes. Use real addresses for testing ... it's much safer that way.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I thought that by not using zones was part of the problem, now that I have spent time doing that, it now does give some options at the checkout.
    When its running correctly it will need to allow zones when we move all our items from our 'button' payment pages to the Zen-Cart for overseas buyers.

Regarding testing, I use my Wifes Paypal account that she uses to buy from ebay & such like, so we KNOW the address is totally correct. You cannot use your own as buyer & seller at at paypal checkout.
    So whats stopping the PayPal bit then? No clues in the debug log.
    Where is the £9.25 zone rate come from?

Here is what now comes up, with only PayPal IPN option working, not the first option, the express format, being the same as the yellow button?

Please select a payment method for this order.
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana] Checkout with PayPal[/FONT]

Check/Money Order

Cash on Delivery

Paypal IPN

Slowly getting there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you PM me with a link to a zip of your debug logs so I can view what's being sent to and returned from PayPal ?