Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default One Product, Multiple Choices from the Same Attribute Values

I want to sell a gift box with three soaps the customer chooses. As I understand it, I'm trying to create three identical attributes drop-downs.

I've got an option named soap 1 and input all the choices as values associated with that option name. Is there a way to make option names soap 2 and soap 3 and copy the values of soap 1? So far it seems like values are associated with names and you can't repurpose them to another name?

http://www.panhandlegirl.com/2007/ca...roducts_id=198

Or have I gone about this all wrong? I've tried searching but had no luck-- maybe I'm just not wording it right? Would be glad to be pointed to another thread I've overlooked!

Whatever the method, I would want to be able to repeat it on other products, allowing the customer to choose multiples from the same list to go into gifts and combos.

Thanks for any assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One Product, Multiple Choices from the Same Attribute Values

As you add each Attribute and pick the Option Name and Option Value ... you can set separate prices if they are different ...

If they are all the same, then you do not need Priced by Attribute ... just add the Price to the Product itself ... then use the dropdown to say which Option Value the customer wants to order ...

Or, again set the Product so it is NOT Priced by Attribute ... and set the Attributes up so that only the Difference in Price is added to the Attribute ...

This is how it appears that you have it set now ... where Cowboy is set to 0.00 and Cowboy Sandal is set to + .75 ...

So you get:
    Cowboy at $15.00
    Cowboy Sandal at $15.75
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Note: to set the 3 sets, you can make sets as:

Soap 1
    Soap 2
    Soap 3

There is a copy feature to copy all of the Option Values from 1 Option Name to another ...

Peek in the Option Name Manager and Option Values Manager for various copy methods ...

NOTE: be sure to back up your database before using features that you are unfamiliar with ...

I would also add to each of the 3 Option Names a selection such as an Option Value called:
    Pick your favorite (call it anything)
    Set as Default YES
    Set as Display ONLY

What this does is force the customer to pick the 3 choices they really want and not miss any ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: you can set Sort Orders on the Option Names as well as the Option Values so all read neat and pretty ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: One Product, Multiple Choices from the Same Attribute Values

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Note: to set the 3 sets, you can make sets as:

Soap 1
    Soap 2
    Soap 3

There is a copy feature to copy all of the Option Values from 1 Option Name to another ...

Peek in the Option Name Manager and Option Values Manager for various copy methods ...

Could you explain exactly how to do this. I've got a similar situation.
    Soap making kit:
    customer gets to pick three of 10 fragrances available
    so I have Option Names:
    soap scent 1
    soap scent 2
    soap scent 3
    set up as drop downs
    customer is going to be required to choose one scent from each of the three drop downs.

I've added option values to soap scent one - lists the fragrance choices.
    How do I copy this list of fragrances to soap scent (2) and soap scent (3) for this product?

Also has same situation because they get to choose three different colors from the same list of color choices.
    http://www.kitssosimple.com/index.ph...&products_id=2

Thanks!
    Jennifer

Plugin Contributions

Option Name Manager ...
    Copy ALL Option Values to another Option Name
    All Option Values will be copied from one Option Name to another Option Name
    Backup your database before attempting this ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok...don't reach thru your computer and try to wring my neck. I'm used to OsCommerce and the attributes area easier for me to grasp there. Much easier to make a set of attributes that apply to multiple products.

So I'm not getting it...still...for Zen.

There is this one:Add ALL Option Values to ALL products for Option NameUpdate ALL existing products that have at least ONE Option Value and Add ALL Option Values in an Option Name

and this one:
    Add ALL Option Values to ONE products for Option NameUpdate ONE product that has at least ONE Option Value and Add ALL Option Values in an Option Name

And this one:
    Add ALL Option Values to ONE Category of products for Option NameUpdate ONE Category of products, when the product has at least ONE Option Value and Add ALL Option Values in an Option Name

Which one do I use?

I tried the first one. I selected "soap color (1)" and clicked UPDATE.
    At the top it says I was successful.
    ummm...successful at what?
    I don't see the color choices copied to "soap color (2)"

It seems that in OsCommerce I can set a color option and easily use that for any product with those same color choices. But with Zen, I have to go to product attributes and do every single one, one at a time.

What am I missing because surely it's not this time consuming.

Thanks for showing me some love and not reaching out to smack me. :)
    I'm usually brighter than this.

Plugin Contributions

Oh geez...I'm making an appointment to dye my hair more blonde tomorrow.

Duh...the copy thing is at the bottom.
    Got it.
    So now I still have to add each attribute to the product. Or is there a magic button to say "for every product with option name/value A, also add option name/value a-2 and a-3???"

Sorry all. I should probably stop with the wine, huh?
    ;)

Plugin Contributions

I have stone hearts as a jewellery supply but I want to add the option of a chain or silk cord to that product so people can buy it as eigther a necklace or just a pendant.

I have tried to set it up so that it can be bought on its own or with attributes for the chain and the black cord. However, it forces the customer to choose the chain or cord and not be able to just buy the pendant.

Is there a way to do this? And because I am using the Stock by Attributes mod it sets the quantity for both attributes (chain & cord) so that I am supposed to have 2 products but I only have the one, the pendant.

And also, I would need to link the chain to a product (chains) so that when someone buys a pendant with a chain it discounts the quantity on the single chains by 1 so it keeps the correct stock amount on the chains.

Not sure how to go about all these, but if there's a way and someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast