Plugin Contributions

Default Can not get credit card option on paypal screen

Hello. I have read this thread in this forum but none of the sugestions worked for me. I installed the patch for paypal, erase the cookies, activate account optional in paypal profile. I don' t know what else to do. I am using express checkout.

I tried with paypal ipn too and changed the address to paypal.uk as someone sugested, however, at first it give you the option to use credit card without opening a paypal account but on the next page, it forces you to open an account.

Help please.

My page is greenhandicraft.com.
    I have a few test products.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can not get credit card option on paypal screen

1. What kind of PayPal account do you have?
    Is it Business or Premier?
    Is it Verified?

2. Since you've turned off the Express Checkout option, please provide screen-shots of the PayPal pages where you were expecting CC options.
    And/or turn on Express Checkout again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr. Byte:
    1. I have a business paypal account, verified.
    2. Maybe I turned it off trying to fix things, don't remember. It is on now (checkout with paypal). I am attaching images also.

By the way, I got this answer from paypal, tried that but not working either.

Response (Nathan)06/04/2007 12:49 PMHello Roberto,

Thank you for your question. I have tested your checkout and it is not forcing your customers to sign up for a PayPal account. Your customer wil have the option of entering credit card information or logging into their PayPal account. This is done from the same page. Please make sure that you are not caching an old page in your browser. You can do this by clearing cache and cookies from your browser, closing the browser and opening a new window. If you use a cable modem and/or router, try to unplug them for a few minutes as these also may have an internal cache.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte, are you there?

Help, anyone?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Please turn on debug logging:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

... and then do a test transaction and then download the logs, and post a link to a zip so I can review them.

It's really looking like you don't have the current patch installed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte: following your instructions, I am attaching log.zip wich is the log file and logword.zip that is a word file where I copied the log information I received by email. Hope this help.

Thanks
    Last edited by DrByte; 7 Jun 2007 at 12:10 AM. Reason: attachment removed for privacy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greenhandicraft View Post
    Hello. I have read this thread in this forum but none of the sugestions worked for me. I installed the patch for paypal, erase the cookies, activate account optional in paypal profile. I don' t know what else to do. I am using express checkout.

I tried with paypal ipn too and changed the address to paypal.uk as someone sugested, however, at first it give you the option to use credit card without opening a paypal account but on the next page, it forces you to open an account.

Help please.

My page is greenhandicraft.com.
    I have a few test products.
    As far as IPN, make sure the "Business ID" you have set in the PayPal module matches your own PayPal login. After I applied the new patch and reconfigured, the module defaulted the business ID to a @toyotawheelspacers.com email addy, which does not match my paypal login. The credit card option did not appear on the checkout page until I changed this.