Idea or Suggestion ZenTagCloud -> Alpha for review

ZenTagCloud

ZenTagCloud is in development right now, its open source and I’d love input / contributions.

(example: on my test photography site with only 4 categories)

What is a Tag Cloud?
    A tag cloud (or weighted list in visual design) can be used as a visual depiction of content tags used on a website. Often, more frequently used tags are depicted in a larger font or otherwise emphasized, while the displayed order is generally alphabetical. Thus both finding a tag by alphabet and by popularity is possible. Selecting a single tag within a tag cloud will generally lead to a collection of items that are associated with that tag.
    Note: the current version is not recommended for live online stores (where you have something to loose), however by all means try it out on you test site, have a look at the code and give me feedback.

p.s. Don’t hold me responsible if something breaks.

Features:
    2/June/07: Displays category titles with random weights
    3/June/07: Tags links to you Zen Cart site category pages.

Install:
    1. Copy the code from this file to one of the Defined Pages using: Tools > Defined Pages Editor.
    2. Ensure that the Defined Pages module is enables under: Tools > Layout Box Controller
    3. Visit your site, and go to the defined page you pasted the code into. You should see a list of your sites categorie, with random sizes assigned to each one.
    4. The next step it to attempt to put the code somewhere useful. I haven’t got this far yet. I’ll keep you posted though.

Download:
    Version 0.1 - alpha

Todo / Wish list:
    - Save weights to database
    - Add code to ?category’s page? so that visits to category’s changes weights
    - Incorporate some noise in the category’s weights to enable new category’s a fair chance.
    - Option to read tags from meta data
    - Option to weight tags my relevance to current tag. (If you like a, you might like b type of thing)

Security Note: I’ve copied and modified a zen cart function to retrieve data from the db, and I think that by leaving the function embeded with the code if may pose some security risk. I’m open to advice on where to put it for best security practice.

Default Re: ZenTagCloud -> Alpha for review

ZenTagCloud Beta Available Today

I’m pleased to announce that ZenTagCloud Beta (v0.2) is now available for trailing.
    Current Features Include:
    • Category tag link to you Zen Cart category pages.
    • Product meta keyword tags link to a search for the tag in question.
    • Displays tags from product meta keywords.
    • Displays tag sizes with either random weights OR custom weights OR proportional to the number of times the tag appears.
    • Uses CSS for formatting.
    This is my first Open Source project so I appreciate your feedback and suggestions.
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY, THAT DOESN'T COST THE EARTH!
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Online Photo Showcase :: http://lightfootphotos.com
    Blog :: http://madteckhead.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenTagCloud -> Alpha for review

I would like to see some review to know how it look like in Zencart.Does anybody install this module?