Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Express Payment Not Being Made - hosted on GoDaddy

I am running Zen Cart v1.3.7, with latest paypal patch, and running SSL on checkout

When a customer hits the express check out it takes them to the paypal site, paypal login works fine and sends them back to my site as it should. But after they finish order on my site payment is not received on my paypal and does not show up on their paypal as a payment.

I ran the ipncheck and recieved this error could it be the cause?

"IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.0

IPN TESTING - POSTING to PayPal via: ssl://www.paypal.com:443

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to www.paypal.com:443 in /home/content/v/o/l/volumewireless/html/ipncheck.php on line 81
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (110) Connection timed out

Trying again without SSL ...

IPN TESTING - Confirmation/Validation response: RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY

Script finished."

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Express Payment Not Being Made

Quote Originally Posted by Sheehan View Post
    I ran the ipncheck and recieved this error could it be the cause?

"IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.0

IPN TESTING - POSTING to PayPal via: ssl://www.paypal.com:443

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to www.paypal.com:443 in /home/content/v/o/l/volumewireless/html/ipncheck.php on line 81
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (110) Connection timed out

Trying again without SSL ...

IPN TESTING - Confirmation/Validation response: RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY

Script finished."
    Note: after it tried its second attempt without SSL, it was able to talk to PayPal's server fine. This means that order-update notices will arrive correctly from PayPal AFTER orders are placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheehan View Post
    When a customer hits the express check out it takes them to the paypal site, paypal login works fine and sends them back to my site as it should. But after they finish order on my site payment is not received on my paypal and does not show up on their paypal as a payment.
    Have you seen this happen yourself?
    Does it happen *all* the time?
    Can you repeat it on-demand? If so, please provide screenshots of the process all the way through, in order to determine "where" they are aborting the process.
    What addons have you installed apart from the basic Zen Cart code?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrBYte,

To Answer your questions, I have seen this first hand as I am using my clients paypal account for the site and testing transactions with my own paypal account.

I tested both accounts with paypal IPN and it worked fine so both accounts are valid. I also do not have any addons beside the paypal patch on my copy of zen cart and the problem is happening all the time.

As for screenshots I will do that momentarily and post it.

Plugin Contributions

No errors come up and the order does show up in the admin panel but no payment is made from they payees paypal and there is no recieved payment on paypal account for the store. The confirmation email and invoice from zen cart work fine.

I appreciate any help you give me.
    Last edited by Sheehan; 5 Jun 2007 at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you turn on debug logging, and post a link to a zip where the logs can be reviewed?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Also, if the paypal account you're testing to pay "from" has sufficient funds, can you try a transaction of a larger amount, perhaps $50 ?
    It can be refunded from your business account, and thus incur no service charges.

I just want to rule out any discounts which PayPal may be offering to you or them.

Plugin Contributions

Log Files: ** link removed for privacy **

I made payment of lowest amount site will have ($5). I did notice though in the order section of admin panel the order was set to "Pending" I have it setup so pending is only put on items that are unpaid, an item that is paid should say "Processing".
    Last edited by DrByte; 6 Jun 2007 at 04:56 AM. Reason: link removed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Was there a 3rd "PayPal_Debug_xxxxxx" log file ?
    An express checkout transaction consists of three parts: SetExpressCheckout, GetExpressCheckoutDetails, and DoExpressCheckoutPayment. The log files you posted only contained the first two (plus a couple PayPal_Actionxxxxxx files)

Plugin Contributions

No everything in the zip file was what was in log folder.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Bizarre. That seems to suggest that it's skipping the actual payment-completion step. The only reason it would do that is if the order value was 0 ... which should only happen if you have a coupon or other discount applied to bring the order to 0.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast