Plugin Contributions

Default USPS shipping option not showing up..

Hi,

I'm setting up my shop to offer UPS and USPS as my two shipping options. The UPS option shows but not my USPS option. Am I missing something? I following the instructions in the Admin area, got my web tools number, called USPS and changed over to the production server, changed my setting from TEST to PRODUCT and now there is nothing there at all. I set the Sort order as follows: UPS = 0, USPS = 1 and set all the other shipping methods to FALSE. Is this not right? Before I did all of this, in test mode, USPS showed up and now nothing...

Thank you

www.shoptheflats.com/catalog

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS shipping option not showing up..

Don't install a module that you are not using ...

It is best to number all modules if you plan to number any or they get excluded ... I also number in 10s to make it easier ...

Otherwise in the array being built you could inadvertantly be over writting one shipping method with another ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

Thank you for your reply. I set the UPS at 10 and USPS at 30 in the sort order. I want to make both shipping methods available to my customers. I changed the sort order as I mentioned above and in the admin area, both UPS and USPS have the green light dots but USPS is still not showing up as an option... Just UPS. Any other thoughts???

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Ship From Address?

Ship To Address?

Weight of Product?

Have you an URL to this Product?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Same thing happed to me. Then I read the instructions. (usually my last step) You have to call the USPS service center to have them move you to the production server.

1. Info on USPS and Rate Quotes
    2. Create a USPS Web Tools account
    3. Fill in your customer information details and click Submit
    4. You will receive an email containing your USPS rate-quote Web Tools User ID
    5. Insert the Web Tools User ID in the Zen Cart USPS shipping module.
    6. Telephone USPS 1-800-344-7779 and ask them to move your account to the Production Server or email them at [email protected], quoting your Web Tools User ID.
    7. They will send another confirmation email. Set the Zen Cart module into Production mode (instead of Test mode) to finish activation.

Plugin Contributions

turn on email debug

call usps again and make sure you are actually on the server. Mine didnt get added until I contacted them again and asked.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Ship From Address?

Ship To Address?

Weight of Product?

Have you an URL to this Product?
    ??? I don't understand what you are asking here... Product? There's no particular product... It's not working in general.

SKIP: I have done that already. Already spoke to USPS and had them switch me to the production server.

m4a2t0t: I will give that a try but I don't think that's it because the function was there earlier, before we set up UPS and USPS. It used to show both when calculating shipping rates, but now it simply doesn't show USPS shipping as a shipping option.

Any other ideas maybe?

http://www.shoptheflats.com/catalog

Thank you for the suggestions...

Plugin Contributions

Try to Remove and Reinstall and configure your USPS Shipping module ...

I am assuming that you did load the new USPS Update for May 14th server changes and price changes:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65732
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all for your help... We seem to be working now. It was a combo of needing the newest module and doing what "m4a2t0t" suggested. I called USPS and the first person who answered was a total pain who kept saying "it's a zen cart problem contact them." I told her that I had be switched to the production server over a week ago and she said well then it's no longer on their side. I said would you just check my web tools ID to make SURE that it was moved... She put me on hold, came back with a web tools rep and it turned out that I WASN'T on the production server. The rep said they were having glitches and that's why the first move didn't take...

Sometimes you just have to be persistent. So now it appears to be working. Thank you for your help... I appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Can someone help me.. I keep getting this error when my shopping cart goes to check out ...

United States Postal Service We prefer not to ship to Domestic locations via USPS. If you are International customer,
    or if you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please call (800) 965-3390.