Page 209 of 227 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

You said you had someone else create the new images. What technology did they use? Was it different from that used for the original images? What happens if you create an image using a different program, or another instance of the same program?
    The only other distinguishing fact about the non-working images seems to be that they were created recently, and applied to categories that were created recently. Has there been any change in your hosting circumstances? (This is a total WAG, as I can't imagine how such a change could have an effect on these elements.)
    you might try reopening a COPY of one of the images that does work (temporarily rename the original for holding purposes), save that copy and test it on your site.
    Have you tried this? What happened (in as much detail as possible)?

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure what program they used to do the images. But the original images were done by the same person. So that should not have been a factor. We even changed the original images from a .gif to .png and they still work just fine. It is only the new images that have this issue. They have not changed hosts at all. They do host on godaddy (ya never know) LOL
    But i do agree with you that this is the strangest thing. It doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Plugin Contributions

I have installed the Categories Dressing Mod and now have 2 category sideboxes. It put a sidebox named New Products on my left hand sidebox that I do not want on there. What I want to do now is remove that sidebox and adjust the 2 categories so that they show the respective products. One is Designs and the second one will be clipart. I want to separate the 2 categories. You can view my site at: www.fit2bstitched.com Does anyone know how I can do this?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I figured out how to turn off the New Products sidebox. Now I just need to learn how to separate my 2 categories.
    Ellen

Plugin Contributions

You could not get a New Products sidebox from installing Categories Dressing - there must have been something else you did at the same time to bring that up. You have it sorted now, anyway...

I see you have installed both the base Cat Dressing and the ch_categories option. You do not need or want both of them for your situation. Unless you want the expanded categories, you should delete the ch_categories files. There is not a one-click method for this; you will need to find and delete each of those files (and only those). If you might want that option, you could just turn off the chcategories sidebox in Tools > Layout Boxes Controller, and rename stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css to stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.bak.

Read the instructions for creating category groups. You will want to make two groups, one starting with the first category in Designs and one starting with the first category in Clipart. Make new defines in categories_dressing_defines.php like this

PHP Code:
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_33','1|0|||Designs|1');//new list - text heading - style 1
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_77','1|0|||Clipart|1');//new list - text heading - style 1 
    replacing 33 and 77 with the ids of the first categories in Designs and Clipart.

You currently have all of your categories arranged alphabetically, presumably with Design and Clipart intermixed. You will need to go into Catalog > Categories/Products and assign a sort order to each category. Make all of the Design categories lower numbers than the Clipart categories, and number them with gaps like 10, 20, 30, 40 so you can easily insert new categories later.

Once you have your groups, read the styling section of the readme, then post back and ask how to get the boxes.

Plugin Contributions

I have adjusted the categories_dressing_defines.php page just as you told me. I read the styling section and checked my stylesheet. I did not find any reference to a.category-top, a.category-subs or a.category-products anywhere on the stylesheet. We have also renamed our folder the way you suggested.
    Now how do I get the boxes?
    Ellen

Plugin Contributions

You now seem to have completely removed all of the Categories Dressing files... not sure what you actually did, but you need to have the mod's base /includes/ folder with its files installed. The base stylesheet_categories_dressing.css needs to be in place.

Once that is sorted out, you will want defines for either category 37 or 1 depending on whether Designs should start with NEW PRODUCTS or Animals, and for category 199 assuming that the second Animals is the first category of Clipart. So
    PHP Code:
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_37','1|0|||Designs|1');//new list - text heading - style 1
    define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_199','1|0|||Clipart|1');//new list - text heading - style 1 
    Then in stylesheet_categories_dressing.css find the rule for .catBoxHeading1 and change it to match your desires:
    Code:
    .catBoxHeading1 { 
        font-family: georgia, serif;
        font-weight: bold;
        font-size: 1.4em;
        color: #335511; 
        background-color: #ff66ff;
        padding: 0.3em 0.4em;
        margin: 0;
        }
    Find the rule for ul#catGroup48 and add new rules for ul#catGroup37 and ul#catGroup199:
    Code:
    /*example for custom category group styling*/

ul#catGroup37, ul#catGroup199 {
        border: 1px solid #bd6699;
        background: #bbeeff; 
        margin-top: 1.5em;
        }
    Again, adjust the colors etc. to suit yourself.

Add another pair of rules:
    Code:
    #categories {
        border: none; 
        background: transparent;
        }

#categories>h3 {display: none;}

Plugin Contributions

Just a quick note on the problem we had with the mod not showing new images. /includes/functions/categories_dressing_functions.php was our problem the whole time. We had changed our images from a .gif to .png extension. Although we did change the call in the stylesheet apparently you need to also change it in that file as well. Here is the line
    Find
    $cat_name_display = zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE . 'buttons/' . $_SESSION['language'] . '/catimg' . $current_path . '.gif', '', '', '', 'title="' . $cat_name_display . '"');

Change to
    $cat_name_display = zen_image(DIR_WS_TEMPLATE . 'buttons/' . $_SESSION['language'] . '/catimg' . $current_path . '.png', '', '', '', 'title="' . $cat_name_display . '"');

Plugin Contributions

I had forgotten that v2.7.3 required that multiple edit... my development v2.8 uses a constant to hold the extension type, so it only needs to be set in one place in the defines file.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'm so lost. I have tried to do what you said but things just don't want to work for me. I wish I knew more about this coding. I can't get rid of the Major headding/ Minor heading. It should read Clipart, but I can't find where to change that. The subjects are falling where they should either. I just don't know what to do anymore.
    Ellen