Page 216 of 227 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2267
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Is it possible to have a Category Dressing Title be made into a link that can point to and ezpage or contact us page?

For example : define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_108_130','1|0|||Text Here Would be a Link|1|');

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sports guy View Post
    Glen with your help I have this module doing exactly what I want it to. This is a great contribution to Zen Cart.

The only issue I have is regarding to the layout display, if you are using subcategories. That is when you click on a main category, then the center column also displays this same list of your sub categories list in this menu (of course you can add an image to the center if you would like). This is creating duplicate lists side by side. You can see an example here: http://www.lasilhouettelingerie.com/...by-price-c-82/ This same scenario is repeated for any top category in this menu to the left.

Is it possible to make the top categories only, open to show subcategories; instead of going to the top category page when clicked? (that will then have duplicate lists). Another words clicking the top category link would only open the list (and not direct the page to the actual link).
    I suppose I should rephrase this and simply what I am asking. I am using the Collapseable Categories Tree. I would like it so, when the main category is clicked the tree expands which exposes all the sub-categories. I do like having the text link showing. But I don't want the category link to direct to the category page (URL), the page stays the same. Basically for the main categories only, I want to use these links as category tree expanders and not direct to the category page URL itself.

As for the sub-categories they stay the same. I do have arrow images attached that change when the main category URL is clicked. I would like these to still work properly like they are now. In that the sub-category URL's continue to direct to the corresponding sub-category. I have been scanning the docs and some of this forum, but have not found an answer yet.

I was thinking I could just find the URL code for the main categories, and just remove the cpath. Thereby breaking the link. But I am not sure where to find this, and I don't know if this is the best way to go.

Plugin Contributions

Ray: Yes, you can make the "heading" a link. Just put the HTML for it in the define, like this:

define ('CAT_BOX_HEADING_108_130','1|0|||<a href="index.php?main_page=page&id=23">EZ-Page 23 Link</a>|1|');

Be sure you don't use any unescaped single quotes. ( \' not ' )

Sports_guy: Unlinking the top categories in the sidebox will require a test and conditional edit either in categories_dressing_functions.php or tpl_categories.php. It shouldn't be too hard; I'll look into it in the next day or so.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Sports_guy: Unlinking the top categories in the sidebox will require a test and conditional edit either in categories_dressing_functions.php or tpl_categories.php. It shouldn't be too hard; I'll look into it in the next day or so.
    Thank you for looking into this Glen! And after looking though about 40 pages of this post this morning, I would never ask for this category tree to be two way (open and close sub-category tree based upon master-category click and unclick). and I will be happy! As you can see I am using this to just open the master category tree (like a javascript action would do).

Plugin Contributions

Find the section like this in tpl_categories.php and replace it with the following:
    PHP Code:
          $cat_name_display cat_name_display($box_categories_array[$i]['name'], $current_path);

$active_class = ($box_categories_array[$i]['current'])? ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']? 'parent''selected'): 'not-selected';
          if (
    $cat_depth == 0) {//no top cat link

$content .= str_repeat('  ',$cat_depth) . '  <li class="cat-' $new_style '"><span class="cat-' $active_class $cat_name_display[0] . '">';
          } else {

$content .= str_repeat('  ',$cat_depth) . '  <li class="cat-' $new_style '"><a class="cat-' $active_class $cat_name_display[0] . '" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT$box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
          }
    //no top cat link

$content .= $cat_name_display[1];
          if (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat'] and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {

$content .= CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR;
          }

if (
    SHOW_COUNTS == 'true' and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {
            if ((
    CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO == '1' and $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] >= 1) {

$content .= '<span class="catCount">' CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] . CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX '</span>';
            }
          }
          if (
    $cat_depth == 0) {//no top cat link

$content .= '</span>';
          } else {

$content .= '</a>';
          }
    //no top cat link

$content .= cat_box_subtext($current_path);
        }
      }

$content .= cat_ul_manage(0$prev_path0) . '</ul>' "\n"
    The two edited sections are between //no top cat link comments.

Plugin Contributions

Glen, are you sure this code is from tpl_categories.php? The code in my tpl_categories.php is completely different. it even had your name in the header. This is what I have:
    Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Side Box Template
     * @package templateSystem
     * @copyright Copyright 2009 Glenn Herbert
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ GNU Public License V3.0
     * @version $Id: tpl_categories.php 4162 2006-08-17 03:55:02Z ajeh $
     * Modified for Categories Dressing v2.7.3  by Glenn Herbert (gjh42)   - 20090505
     * Referenced files:
     * includes/functions/extra_functions/categories_dressing_functions.php
     * includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/your_template/categories_dressing_defines.php - make user settings here
     */

$content = "";
      $prev_cat_depth = -1;//do not alter
      $content .= '<div id="' . str_replace('_', '-', $box_id . 'Content') . '" class="sideBoxContent">' . "\n";

for ($i=0;$i<sizeof($box_categories_array);$i++) {
        switch(true) {
    // to make a specific category stand out define a new class in the stylesheet example: #categories li.cat-holiday a {}
    // uncomment the select below and set the cPath=3 to the cPath= your_categories_id
    // many variations of this can be done
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=181'):
            $new_style = 'pleasureobjects';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=141'):
            $new_style = 'hosiery';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=193'):
            $new_style = 'accessories';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=190'):
            $new_style = 'clothing';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=191'):
            $new_style = 'lingerie';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=192'):
            $new_style = 'swimwear';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['path'] == 'cPath=71'):
            $new_style = 'sale';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] == 'true'):
            $new_style = 'top';
            break;
          case ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']):
            $new_style = 'subs';
            break;
          default:
            $new_style = 'products';
        }
        $current_path = str_replace("cPath=","",$box_categories_array[$i]['path']);
        $skip_cat = 0;
        $skip_cat = cat_active_level_manage($current_path);
        if ($skip_cat or zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == 3 or ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] != 'true' and SHOW_CATEGORIES_SUBCATEGORIES_ALWAYS != 1)) {
          // skip if this is for the document box (==3)
        } else {
          $cat_box_heading = cat_box_heading($current_path);
          $cat_ul = cat_ul_manage($current_path, $prev_cat_depth, $cat_box_heading[0]);
          $content .= $cat_ul;
          $content .= $cat_box_heading[1];
          $cat_name_display = cat_name_display($box_categories_array[$i]['name'], $current_path);
          $active_class = ($box_categories_array[$i]['current'])? ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']? 'parent': 'selected'): 'not-selected';
          $content .= '  <li class="cat-' . $new_style . '"><a class="cat-' . $active_class . $cat_name_display[0] . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
          $content .= $cat_name_display[1];
          if ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat'] and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {
            $content .= CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR;
          }

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true' and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {
            if ((CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO == '1' and $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] >= 1) {
              $content .= '<span class="catCount">' . CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX . $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] . CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX . '</span>';
            }
          }
          $content .= '</a>';
          $content .= cat_box_subtext($current_path);
        }
      }
      $content .= cat_ul_manage(0, $prev_cat_depth, 0) . '</ul>' . "\n";

if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
    // display a separator between categories and links
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR_LINK == '1') {
          $content .= '<hr id="catBoxDivider" />' . "\n";
        }
        $content .= '<ul class="catLinks">' . "\n";
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true') {
          $cat_box_link_head = cat_box_heading('SPECIALS');
          $content .= $cat_box_link_head[1];
          $show_this = $db->Execute("select s.products_id from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where s.status= 1 limit 1");
          if ($show_this->RecordCount() > 0) {
            $content .= '<li><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS . '</a>' . '</li>' . "\n";
          }
        }
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true') {
          // display limits
    //      $display_limit = zen_get_products_new_timelimit();
          $display_limit = zen_get_new_date_range();

$show_this = $db->Execute("select p.products_id
                                     from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
                                     where p.products_status = 1 " . $display_limit . " limit 1");
            $cat_box_link_head = cat_box_heading('NEW');
            $content .= '  <li><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW . '</a>' . '</li>' . "\n";
          }
        }
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true') {
          $show_this = $db->Execute("select products_id from " . TABLE_FEATURED . " where status= 1 limit 1");
            $cat_box_link_head = cat_box_heading('FEATURED');
            $content .= '  <li><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>' . '</li>' . "\n";
          }
        }
        if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
          $cat_box_link_head = cat_box_heading('ALL');
          $content .= '  <li><a class="category-links" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) . '">' . CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL . '</a>' . '</li>' . "\n";
        }
        $content .= '</ul>' . "\n";
      }
      $content .= '</div>';
    ?>
    I thought perhaps this was merged with my original file (and it was) but my original file also did not have the code you want me to find. Last I looked at template default and that file also did not have this code.

Plugin Contributions

I found it. I will let you know how it works.

Plugin Contributions

Oops:) I realized a few minutes ago that I had made the edits to my v2.8 development copy instead of the v2.7.3 archive copy I also had open. This is the correct edited code for you:
    PHP Code:
         $skip_cat 0;

$skip_cat cat_active_level_manage($current_path);

$cat_depth substr_count($current_path,'_');//no top cat link

if ($skip_cat or zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == or ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] != 'true' and SHOW_CATEGORIES_SUBCATEGORIES_ALWAYS != 1)) {

// skip if this is for the document box (==3)

} else {

$cat_box_heading cat_box_heading($current_path);

$cat_ul cat_ul_manage($current_path$prev_cat_depth$cat_box_heading[0]);

$content .= $cat_ul;

$content .= $cat_box_heading[1];

$cat_name_display cat_name_display($box_categories_array[$i]['name'], $current_path);

$active_class = ($box_categories_array[$i]['current'])? ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']? 'parent''selected'): 'not-selected';

//$content .= '  <li class="cat-' . $new_style . '"><a class="cat-' . $active_class . $cat_name_display[0] . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';

if ($cat_depth == 0) {//no top cat link

$content .= str_repeat('  ',$cat_depth) . '  <li class="cat-' $new_style '"><span class="cat-' $active_class $cat_name_display[0] . '">';
          } else {

$content .= str_repeat('  ',$cat_depth) . '  <li class="cat-' $new_style '"><a class="cat-' $active_class $cat_name_display[0] . '" href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT$box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
          }
    //no top cat link

$content .= $cat_name_display[1];
          if (
    $box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat'] and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {

$content .= CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR;
          }

if (
    SHOW_COUNTS == 'true' and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {
            if ((
    CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO == '1' and $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] >= 1) {

$content .= '<span class="catCount">' CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] . CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX '</span>';
            }
          }

//$content .= '</a>';

if ($cat_depth == 0) {//no top cat link

$content .= '</span>';
          } else {

$content .= '</a>';
          }
    //no top cat link 
    You need to add the $cat_depth setting as well as the alternate outputs.

Plugin Contributions

The end of the coding you have provided confuses me slightly. I know where your coding begins and see where to insert, but I am not sure what line of my coding comes directly after your coding ends. Here is my coding around the area where yours would end:
    Code:
    $content .= '</a>';
          $content .= cat_box_subtext($current_path);
        }
      }

if (SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
    Which coding of mine, would be the first line (begin) right after your last line of coding provided?

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Categories Dressing

If all of this stays:
    PHP Code:
    $content .= cat_box_subtext($current_path);
        }
      }

$content .= cat_ul_manage(0$prev_cat_depth0) . '</ul>' "\n";

if (
    SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_SPECIALS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_NEW == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_FEATURED_PRODUCTS == 'true' or SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_PRODUCTS_ALL == 'true') {
    // display a separator between categories and links 
    Making this the last line of replaced code:

Code:
    $content .= '</a>';
    The page is showing all main links as bold text only. No subcategories, not styling, and no hidden categories. You can see it live here: http://www.lasilhouettelingerie.com/...ssories-c-193/

I was able to use Beyond Compare to merge changes. All the items in red, are said differences that were merged into my file:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$skip_cat = 0;
    $skip_cat = cat_active_level_manage($current_path);
    $cat_depth = substr_count($current_path,'_');//no top cat link
    if ($skip_cat or zen_get_product_types_to_category($box_categories_array[$i]['path']) == 3 or ($box_categories_array[$i]['top'] != 'true' and SHOW_CATEGORIES_SUBCATEGORIES_ALWAYS != 1)) {
    // skip if this is for the document box (==3)
    } else {
    $cat_box_heading = cat_box_heading($current_path);
    $cat_ul = cat_ul_manage($current_path, $prev_cat_depth, $cat_box_heading[0]);
    $content .= $cat_ul;
    $content .= $cat_box_heading[1];
    $cat_name_display = cat_name_display($box_categories_array[$i]['name'], $current_path);
    $active_class = ($box_categories_array[$i]['current'])? ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat']? 'parent': 'selected'): 'not-selected';
    //$content .= ' <li class="cat-' . $new_style . '"><a class="cat-' . $active_class . $cat_name_display[0] . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
    if ($cat_depth == 0) {//no top cat link
    $content .= str_repeat(' ',$cat_depth) . ' <li class="cat-' . $new_style . '"><span class="cat-' . $active_class . $cat_name_display[0] . '">';
    } else {
    $content .= str_repeat(' ',$cat_depth) . ' <li class="cat-' . $new_style . '"><a class="cat-' . $active_class . $cat_name_display[0] . '" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $box_categories_array[$i]['path']) . '">';
    }//no top cat link

$content .= $cat_name_display[1];
    if ($box_categories_array[$i]['has_sub_cat'] and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {
    $content .= CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR;
    }

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true' and $cat_name_display[0] == '-text') {
    if ((CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO == '1' and $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] == 0) or $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] >= 1) {
    $content .= '<span class="catCount">' . CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX . $box_categories_array[$i]['count'] . CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX . '</span>';
    }
    }
    //$content .= '</a>';
    if ($cat_depth == 0) {//no top cat link
    $content .= '</span>';
    } else {

$content .= '</a>';
    }//no top cat link
    }
    }

------------------------------------------------------------------

Something seems to be breaking the styling from the page.