Page 57 of 227 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

I'm really finding the readme document for this mod really hard to understand. I have it installed but I haven't been able to do anything with it. I guess my question is how do I get rid of the default settings that the mod creates when you install it. I managed to delete the bullets, but can anytone tell me how to delete the two border boxes the mod creates around your categories as well as the line underneath it? I basically just want my categories to look like they did before I installed the mod.

Plugin Contributions

You're not reading the readme as a text document, are you? It is coded in HTML, and would be hard to read in plaintext. Open it in a browser window.

Each section of the readme has a boldface note about how to disable its feature. If you comment out all of the define statements you don't specifically want in categories_dressing_defines.php, the borders and other effects will go away.

Plugin Contributions

I like to use this mod and I've red the readme over and over and a lot of pages here about this thread. I'm not an expert and somehow I can't figure out how to use it excactly.

I only want to use the image-hover function, nothing else. I managed to use a catimg#.gif so instead of text it's shows a image. But when I use a catbg#.gif and a catbg#hover.gif I get a blanc image.

I think I don't understand how to use the css and/or php files for this mod since there are many ways to use/adapt this.

Sorry for asking, but I'm on this for two days now and I've red a lot about it but still I don't get it. Hope someone can provide me the information I need for just this image-hover function.

Forgive me for asking, thanks in advance for answering...

Plugin Contributions

If you have catimg#.gif for a category, that will be found and used before the code ever looks for a catbg#.gif.
    If you want to use the bg image hover function, eliminate the catimg#.gifs.
    There is only one way to use the image hover, described in the readme. If you need more assistance, post a link so I can see what you have.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for answering. While looking at it once more I figured out I made a mistake... Guess I've been to long in front of the screen Simply used the wrong directory for the images

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glen,

Thanks for all your advice so far. There's just one tiny little annoyance that I wonder if you could solve with me?

Can you determine from the source code on dystynction.com what it is that's causing the excessive gap between the top level categories and the sub categories?

Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to specify to have all top categories expanded by default, without having to use any external mods?

Plugin Contributions

Installed succesfull! buttons/hovers are working fine. Now I opened the site in IE and found that there are white spaces between the buttons. Looked in margins en paddings but I couldn't find the problem or solve this. Maybe someone knows how to hanlde?
    See image to see what I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Limelites -
    It looks like you have managed to apply Categories Dressing to fragfutter's Uncollapsed Categories Tree. Is that the mod you have? This is very interesting; I will have to study that mod to determine if they can just be packaged together.

The reason that you are having trouble applying some rules is that UCT has a box id of #chcategories, while some rules in stylesheet_categories_dressing.css refer to #categories. Add "ch" to each of those, and they will take effect. You will see a number of odd stylings which you will want to modify to suit your taste.

Dimmyr -
    No, you need some mod to expand the categories. Stock Zen Cart does not have that ability. You can install a prebuilt mod, or write one yourself.

Gerjan -
    It will require seeing and tweaking your site live to figure out the cause of this.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, but I have installed it local. Does it help if I post a view of the source? Otherwise I leave it this way for now and will return when it is online. Thanks again, I like this mod very much.