Page 64 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Hey hey,

So I'm using the ccs fly-out menu for my categories. But I'd like to put a non-linked Heading into my categories list to create a separate section. This Categories Dressing seems to be a way to do that. Is there a way to cut and paste some code from the "Dressing" into the "fly-out ccs" so that I can have the best of both worlds?

Thanks for any help!

MEPeet

www.maestrosteachingsupplies.net

P.S. yes, I know I've got two category lists at the moment.

Plugin Contributions

It probably is either pastable or adaptable, but I would have to study the CSS flyout code to say exactly how to do it.

Plugin Contributions

I apologize in advance for asking, because I'm sure it's been answered and I've just missed it. I also know this is probably one of those simple fixes, but I just cannot for the life of me wrap my brain around it. I think I've looked at it too long!

This is the site I'm working on: www.mybikergear.com

I need to add a 'partial' divider (not all the way across) between some of my top categories like this:

MOTORCYCLE HELMETS

Modular / Full Face Helmet
    Half Helmet
    3/4 Open Face Helmet

--------------------------------

HAWK Helmets
    BELL Helmets
    ICON Helmets
    OUTLAW Helmets

Right now I have it set as a category named ---------------, so I could show an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

I really appreciate your help!!!
    I'll finish that project tomorrow, I've made enough mistakes today!

Plugin Contributions

Two possibilities:
    Use the divider in Cat Dressing and style it with margin-right: 5.0em;

Make a heading image with transparent background and a partial line in the position you want, and apply that to the desired categories.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much Glenn!
    Worked perfect. I had tried the cat divider, but it was all the way across and the margin fix was apparently too simple for me to think of. I figured I was over thinking the whole thing!
    I'll finish that project tomorrow, I've made enough mistakes today!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glen, I wonder if you could help me again?

Getting back to where we were almost... I'm trying to make Jewellery and Lingerie categories behave in the same way as all other sub categories in my menu.

When I click on all the others, it indents them slightly, makes them bold and places bullet3.gif next to them....

However, because Lingerie and Jewellery categories have hidden subcategories, these behave differently and jump across the the left...

Don't suppose you'd know how to make these two behave as though they had no subcategories do you?

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Ive downloaded the category dressing add on and have been working with it since yesterday testing and trying out new things. The problem that i am having is that i would like to use my own image as the link. Similar to what I have tried to do on my website however i will be placing a image for each category link and the image will be labeled with the appropriate text for the category which will be designed through coral draw. So i need to remove the standard category text that comes up as the link. Hope this makes sense.

I also don't like the line which gives the category links box its border. it makes my page look as if its got too many straight lines. I would also like to change the box headings with individual images-the ones that appear in green- so the category-specials and information boxes, currencies and best seller boxes.

I will be using bullet shaped images for the links and this is why my page needs to get rid of a few straight lines which are showing. Any help would be great.
    many thanks

Plugin Contributions

A link to your site will help in giving detailed advice, but in general, you can eliminate "border" properties on containers and other elements, either sitewide by styling
    .leftBoxContainer, .rightBoxContainer {}
    or individually by styling
    #categories {}
    and other ids.

One of the core Categories Dressing functions is to replace the text of a category link with an image. Name and save your images according to the instructions in the readme, and they will automatically work.

The sidebox headings can be replaced with images by using the Image Titles mod. It likewise works automatically when you name and save the images correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Limelites -

Your subcats with subcats are getting the .cat-parent-text tag when active, so they follow the same rule as the top categories. You can eliminate this by adding the specific situation to the subcat rule, and specifying that it applies to subcat parents only:
    Code:

/*change  bullet when a category w/o bg image is open to products:*/
    #chcategories li a.cat-selected-text, #chcategories ul ul li a.cat-parent-text {
        list-style: disc inside url(../images/bullet3.gif);/*change to list-style: none; to remove bullet*/
        font-weight:bold;
        position: static;
        }
    You need to specify that subcats don't get the position: relative; property.

Depending on exactly how you want these to behave, you might need a separate rule for them.

Also, your Womenswear category still has the "bolder" tag which you set up in your first modification attempts. This may be hindering uniform treatment of top categories, or making it more complex than necessary.
    Last edited by gjh42; 15 Mar 2009 at 09:57 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Glen,

I added those changes to my .css file but they seem to have no effect on the behaviour of selected sub-cats lingerie or jewellery.

How would I specify that subcats don't get the position: relative; property? Moreover, how do I create a separate rule for sub-cats?

Sorry, I'm still very green at this :-)