Page 7 of 227 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Categories Dressing

Maybe I was seeing a cached version of it when I looked just after you posted? At any rate, I see the code in stylesheet.css now, but what is there is missing the added #categories I mentioned in post #56:
    Code:
    /* bullet for top categories & links:*/
    a.category-top-text, a.category-not-selected, a.category-top-text, a.category-subs-selected, #categories a.category-links {
        display: list-item;
        list-style: disc inside url(../images/bullet1.gif);
        }
    Actually, on revisiting the master copy of stylesheet_categories_dressing, I discover that the problem is something else: a couple of commas found their way into your copy of the declaration, completely changing its meaning. It should read
    Code:
    /* bullet for top categories & links:*/
    a.category-top-text .category-not-selected, a.category-top-text .category-subs-selected, #categories a.category-links {
        display: list-item;
        list-style: disc inside url(../images/bullet1.gif);
        }
    which explains the two "a.category-top-text" references. They are specifying
    a.category-top-text .category-not-selected
    and
    a.category-top-text .category-subs-selected.

P.S. - There is no point in copying the declarations that relate to features you are not going to use, as they will only serve to bloat the stylesheet. And according to the W3C validator, having multiple stylesheet files beyond the necessary actually does take longer to load (probably only milliseconds on a good connection, but every little bit helps).

Plugin Contributions

Finally got it working... LOL..not sure how, but its working now.

On template monster - ARGH!!! No this is mine - When a customer comes to me with one of those templates I look at the design - and save nothing but the images if that is appropriate and throw the rest away. I don't even try to make their templates work by hacking them up.... just way to much work. No I started with the basic classic without any images as is typical and started making my modifications.

I really once again have to thank you. One last question... for some reason the customer wants the categories open all the time. I "believe" I read that the mod "Category List Box" does that. Is that correct and will it work with your modification. I want all the same just for the menu to not collapse.

Thanks again... you saved me soooooooo much work now and in the future.

Ruth

Plugin Contributions

I went back through the thread and found the correct reference for this mod for un-collapsed cat tree. I'm going to install and it should work fine.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

If the un-collapsed cat tree mod includes changes to tpl_categories.php, it will require integrating code with the Cat Dressing copy. If it operates deeper in the process, only specifying the content fed to tpl_categories.php, it should coexist fine. Let me know either way.

Plugin Contributions

Just starting out experimenting with this mod and it sure offers posibilties. Working on a way to add a background image to the top categories while preserving the original categorynames in plain text.

Using the a.catBg25 tags I was succesfull in adding a background image. Lost the text though because it's meant to be used with a foreground image. Modified line 59 of the tpl_categories file to display the category name again;

$cat_name_display = $box_categories_array[$i]['name'];

Seems to work fine but somehow I'm not able to adjust the text position within the background image. Padding works fine on the left but top padding doesn't seem to work (FF). Any pointers on how to display the text lower within the background image? Might well be that I'm going at this the wrong way altogether so any feedback is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

You're wanting individual/different backgrounds for each category? If not, just style the basic classes. If so, you're doing it right, though it would be even simpler to delete line 59 and let $cat_name_display keep the correct value it already has instead of being set to blank.

The existence of a background is irrelevant to the position of the text within its box. Maybe styling the size of the box differently (just using padding instead of a specific height) will work. My stock declarations for that situation were based on not having text to work off of. I'll play with it and see what I come up with.

Plugin Contributions

Thanx for the swift response. Should have mentioned I was looking for a way to add different backgrounds for each category. Tried adding padding to both the a.catBg and (seperate) .category-not-selected tag. a.catBg works but padding is applied to both the background image and text (makes sense). I'll play around with it some more to see if padding can only be applied to the text. If you come up with something it's much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Adding padding-left: 5%; and padding-top: 5%; to the individual a.catBg tag seems to do the trick in FF. Also, applying this to the #categories a tag seems to work. Not sure if this is really wise to do with IE but for now I'll work with this. If you have a better idea please let me know.

Edit: Spoke to soon. Padding like this also effects to spacing between top and subcategories. Creates a division between them I don't want there. I'll keep searching.
    Last edited by davale; 19 Sep 2007 at 01:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I've been searching through the threads but can't seem to find an answer to this one. I'm using Categories Dressing without any problems (great mod), but would like to use the image and onHover setting for the Specials links etc which appear below the Categories. Have I overlooked something and can this be done?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Version 2.0 of Categories Dressing includes this functionality. There are a number of changes in the coding between 2.0 and previous versions, so you will want to be careful when upgrading. Depending on which functions you are using, you may need to rename some image files and stylesheet tags.

Page 7 of 227 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast