Plugin Contributions

help question Add account number company details.

Hi

I would like to be able to add an account number field directly under the company name in the provide billing information. Can somebody please advise me how this can be done.

Thanks

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add account number company details.

While I haven't personally installed it myself, I belive Oracle's Additional Customers Fields module will do that for you.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

I am assuming that you want to automatically assign a unique account number to each customer. And then I suppose that you aslo will want this to be represented on the order, in the admin, on the emails etc.

This will take a good bit of added code and an addition of a record to the customer details table to house this number.

If you still want to tackle this you can look first to how the order numbers are auto generated/incremented and take from this the required code and validation that will be required to be inserted into the create account areas.

Now that this has been created, you will have to follow this through with code additions that check and include this account number in the same manner that the customer name is included.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    I am assuming that you want to automatically assign a unique account number to each customer. And then I suppose that you aslo will want this to be represented on the order, in the admin, on the emails etc.

This will take a good bit of added code and an addition of a record to the customer details table to house this number.

If you still want to tackle this you can look first to how the order numbers are auto generated/incremented and take from this the required code and validation that will be required to be inserted into the create account areas.

Now that this has been created, you will have to follow this through with code additions that check and include this account number in the same manner that the customer name is included.
    Hi thank you both for your replies

The customer will already been issued an account number and it needs to be entered as a reference only for my client. when a customer creates an online account, they would have been invited to by my client on the bases that they already have an account with the company and if they provide company name and account number when creating the account i would be alot easier for them to process it having these details.

Reference your reply Meltdown i have installed it but it does not seem to be working properly i just thought their might be an easier way.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Reference your reply Meltdown i have installed it but it does not seem to be working properly i just thought their might be an easier way.
    I just jumped into this topic by hasard. The MOD is working perfectly. If you require assistance, please post to the official topic. The additional customers fields does what you are seeking. Your customers can still enter their infos from their account as long as you activate the fields.

Plugin Contributions

Oracle,
    Hi. I would like to automatically create unique customer IDs and tie them to their accounts. Will Addition Customer Fields help me?

Thanks.