Page 296 of 357 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jameswilson View Post
    thanks for your reply
    3. i thought that was this thread?
    hi james yes this is the correct threadmy post was in reply to wiccanwitchs query which was a seperate thread, but has now been merged with this thread

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanWitch420 View Post
    It is like the confirguration is not there at all.
    If the base feed admin folder wasn't renamed to match then nothing will show up in admin
    The other thing is, was the install.sql run?
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

I've installed this add on but there's a couple of things I don't understand and as a result it's not working.

Some help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

First of all how I do I Set Chmod feed directory to 777?

The install documentation states "Register your bulk upload .xml file using the same name in your Google Merchant Center Configuration at base.google.com" Where is this .xml file?

It then also states "Go to Admin->Tools>Google Merchant Center Feeder and follow instructions to create, view, and upload feed file." There is no such option been created in the tools section. Where have I gone wrong being as this doesn't appear to have been uploaded?

I'm using the latest version of Zen Cart btw.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I am trying to upgrade from 1.9.0. It's been working fine but I wanted to update it due to the coming changes.

The upgrade seemed to go well. But when I first tried to create a new file the popup just said 0 out of 0 files. I then went into the settings and realised it had reset everything to default. I changed everything as per my live site, but now the popup is completely blank and does nothing.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Please disregard my last post. I have fixed it by applying uninstall.sql and install.sql

However, In the new XML file I do not see the new tags [availability] and [google product category] Neither a setting in the configuration menu.

It's been suggested that this update would include the changes due at the end of September.

Any news?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by weeziesmith View Post
    I've installed this add on but there's a couple of things I don't understand and as a result it's not working.

Some help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

First of all how I do I Set Chmod feed directory to 777?

The install documentation states "Register your bulk upload .xml file using the same name in your Google Merchant Center Configuration at base.google.com" Where is this .xml file?

It then also states "Go to Admin->Tools>Google Merchant Center Feeder and follow instructions to create, view, and upload feed file." There is no such option been created in the tools section. Where have I gone wrong being as this doesn't appear to have been uploaded?

I'm using the latest version of Zen Cart btw.
    I have the same issuew. I cant find the google merchant option in the Admin>Configure drop down. I am also unclear as to which folder or file to make 777.

Plugin Contributions

I'm by no means a zen expert, but...

On our site the Google Merchant Center Feeder Configuration option appears at the bottom of the Admin>Configuration drop down.

To actually build a file the option is under Admin>Tools and it's called Google Merchant Center Feeder, it's the last option on the drop down for me.

In the configuration we set the Output Directory to be feed/google/ and changed that to chmod 777. If your FTP client doesn't use chmod then just change the prefs on the output directory to everything for all access for everyone.

And I sure do not see any way that the current version provides the google product category info.

I download the file after it's generated and use a text editor to add the info - <g:google_product_category>Arts &amp; Entertainment &gt; Crafts &amp; Hobbies &gt; Sewing &amp; Needlecrafts &gt; Knitting</g:google_product_category>

We sell yarn so all of my products are the same category.

Plugin Contributions

This mod DOES NOT have the new google categories in it. That would most likely end up being another mod entirely. Those categories are only required if you have certain types of products - apparel and media. It is not required for most feeds.

If you need those google categories, and you need to match your categories to the google categories, there is a paid option available at magneticone.com. They just put out a working version.

I'm trying to see about getting that added for websites whose products fit into one category. I will keep you posted if the mod gets upgraded to handle that simple change.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

I asked a little while back (July time) if the attributes should be output in the XML file as google are asking for variants (e.g. clothes with size and colour) to be a separate product in the file. Can any one confirm if this is being worked on or if it is possible already to output these.

Also google ask for [shipping_weight] This mod outputs [weight] in the XML file. - All my product currently have warnings because of this. This needs to change in the file output.

Google categories are going to need a separate field on the product page for manual entry I suspect as well if I read there information correctly. I know there are mods which allow extra fields, but this one has not been created or catered for.

Thanks in advance fr any enlightenment on the above.

Plugin Contributions

what about [availability] ?

Plugin Contributions

As per:

Availability: We’d like a user to be able to find your products even when they are out of stock. For this reason, the [availability] status of all your items will be required
    Last edited by wizer; 1 Sep 2011 at 08:24 PM.