Page 137 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

I posted this in another area and got no answer, so here it is again.

After uploading to Google Base, I can search for a specific item by using very specific search terms. My items show in the results.

However, when I use a little more generic search, none of my products are returned.

For example, searching for "4 aces poker chip $500" will return my product listing, but "4 aces poker chip" does not.

So, what am I doing wrong? Or, what do I need to do to get the products listed correctly?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Hello again,
    Wondering about an issue on my google base item listings.

When I go edit any of the items uploaded by my last feed, the Product Type shows the manufacturer of the vehicle that the part is for. For example if my item description says "03-05 Accord DX/LX/EX L4 w/o MAF AEM Short Ram Intake", google automatically enters "Honda" in the Product Type field of my Base item.

I'm unsure whether google doing this is beneficial to my listing. Before when I would manually enter a product, I would enter "Automotive" in the Product Type field of my Base item.

Everything on my website is to do with Automotive products. Is there any way I can make Google Base not assume what to put in there? Or is there something about the feed that I need to change to get the Product Type field to show "Automotive"?

Thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
    I posted this in another area and got no answer, so here it is again.

After uploading to Google Base, I can search for a specific item by using very specific search terms. My items show in the results.

However, when I use a little more generic search, none of my products are returned.

For example, searching for "4 aces poker chip $500" will return my product listing, but "4 aces poker chip" does not.

So, what am I doing wrong? Or, what do I need to do to get the products listed correctly?

Thanks.
    It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. It is just that there's probably a lot more competition for a less specific search term. How many pages of results are you looking through?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by blakdeth77 View Post
    It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. It is just that there's probably a lot more competition for a less specific search term. How many pages of results are you looking through?
    I'm sorting the results by price. I know what my price is and where it should show in the results.

Plugin Contributions

xhtml problem Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
    I'm sorting the results by price. I know what my price is and where it should show in the results.
    I just had that same issue not long ago. It cleared up when I started using the datafeeds instead. I believe Base choked on something like an illegal character. The quotation mark was the baddie that was causing all the grief with google.

Have you already compared a sample item against the Editorial Guidelines?
    http://base.google.com/support/bin/a...S&answer=59466

All I can locate for the bit about having "illegal characters" in your text is a forum post here:
    http://groups.google.com/group/base-...64c6c8af?pli=1

Hope that helps!

Plugin Contributions

I have zencart 1.3.8a loaded and have 1.7.3a google base feeder loaded. Is there a reason why the google base feeder is not processing all of my products? I have 17,000 products on my site, but the feeder is only processing 5099 of them.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smoke133 View Post
    I have zencart 1.3.8a loaded and have 1.7.3a google base feeder loaded. Is there a reason why the google base feeder is not processing all of my products? I have 17,000 products on my site, but the feeder is only processing 5099 of them.
    Turn on the simple debug and it will give you 11,901 reasons!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am having same issue with + or - 14,000 products. It only puts out roughly 5000+ of them.. I am a newbie and would like to know how to fix this issue.. Any help would be great.. Thanks in advance.. Jim

www.familyoutdoorstore.com
    www.wellbournegroup.com/articles

Plugin Contributions

just noticed today that all feeds that I upload fail.

I manually uploaded yesterday as I added new products and it was successful. Today my cron run automatically and feed failed. Now I just repeated manually and google reports failed again.

Here is the message:
    Outcome: Data feed upload failure
    Number of items processed: 0
    Number of inserted items: 0
    Uploaded at: February 27, 2009 10:59:18 AM EST
    Processed at: February 27, 2009 11:03:23 AM EST

Not sure what is going on. This happens from all my stores. Maybe google base has a problem? Does anybody else see the same today? I will try tomorrow and report back...
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

All of my feeds to Google Base failed today...that includes cron jobs and manual. Perhaps something is broken over at Google. I got the same information (which is really no info):

Outcome: Data feed upload failure
    Number of items processed: 0
    Number of inserted items: 0