Page 166 of 357 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3563

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

I have this module working in my main store but I am having trouble getting it to work in a new store I am working on. There are only 2 products right now. I have turned on debug. When I click on "Create Product Feed: Click [HERE] to create / update your products feed.", a window pops up, it says "Waiting for <website>" briefly, and then nothing else happens. The only file in the feeds directory is index.html. What should I do next? Running 1.3.8 (current). I did have some trouble installing - not sure the database is 100% correct; got lots of errors and wound up removing a lot by hand and then running the sql scripts again. This issue has been there since my first installation attempt. The last thing I did was start going through the SQL updates. I am not clear from the instructions if I need to install those but I started getting errors part way through and quit patching. It's late now and I'm not going to go back and start this whole thing over until I get some feedback on what's not going on when I try to create the feed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sobebabies View Post
    I have this module working in my main store but I am having trouble getting it to work in a new store I am working on. There are only 2 products right now. I have turned on debug. When I click on "Create Product Feed: Click [HERE] to create / update your products feed.", a window pops up, it says "Waiting for <website>" briefly, and then nothing else happens. The only file in the feeds directory is index.html. What should I do next? Running 1.3.8 (current). I did have some trouble installing - not sure the database is 100% correct; got lots of errors and wound up removing a lot by hand and then running the sql scripts again. This issue has been there since my first installation attempt. The last thing I did was start going through the SQL updates. I am not clear from the instructions if I need to install those but I started getting errors part way through and quit patching. It's late now and I'm not going to go back and start this whole thing over until I get some feedback on what's not going on when I try to create the feed.
    Go back to few pages. Start from page 151 and read those pages and see if that helps you out some. If not I will try to help you out.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

G'day,

I just installed Google Base Feeder v1.7.4 and it seems to be working. (I've created a feed and uploaded it to Google Base, which is still processing it.)

My store runs in Australia - see http://www.scubadoctor.com.au/diveshop/. Google Base supports targeting USA, UK and Germany. I'd like to target both the USA and UK.

But Google Base Feeder only seems to support creating one feed with one targeted country and currency. Any chance we'll see a future version supporting multiple countries and currencies?

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

G'day,

It seems Google Base Feeder doesn't output linked products. That is, products that have been linked so that they appear in more than one category.

Given that the URLs and Meta Tag information Zen Cart produces for linked products are different, wouldn't we do better if linked products were output? Seems to me there should be no 'duplicate content' penalty, and because of the different search keywords, there is a greater chance people might find the products. Or am I missing something here?

Any chance a future version might support the option of outputing linked products?

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.

Plugin Contributions

G'day,

It seems Google Base doesn't like products without a description.

Any chance Google Base Feeder could be modified to not output products without a description? Ideally have this as an option that could be configured.

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_borrett View Post
    G'day,

It seems Google Base Feeder doesn't output linked products. That is, products that have been linked so that they appear in more than one category.

Given that the URLs and Meta Tag information Zen Cart produces for linked products are different, wouldn't we do better if linked products were output? Seems to me there should be no 'duplicate content' penalty, and because of the different search keywords, there is a greater chance people might find the products. Or am I missing something here?

Any chance a future version might support the option of outputing linked products?

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.
    If someone were willing to support it then it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_borrett View Post
    G'day,

It seems Google Base doesn't like products without a description.

Any chance Google Base Feeder could be modified to not output products without a description? Ideally have this as an option that could be configured.

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.
    The module already disallows any product with a description of 15 characters or less. There is no switch in the configuration to turn this on or off, it is always on.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kburner View Post
    I created that file some time ago. I created and ftp to root directory in filezilla. I just looked at it in cpanel and files. Still there with this code.

max_execution_time = 300
    max_input_time = 90
    memory_limit = 32M

Could not find it when I went to cPanel>MyPHP. Not sure what to do when I get to database area. But, did a search and did not come up with this file.
    Someone figured out that query cache does not work well with this mod. Even though I need it getting products loaded is more important. I backed out query and re-installed orig files from query cache. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution. But, Google base feeder mod is still not working for me either. Tried it again.

Get this error when I tried to: NOTE: You may view Google Base FTP content.

Google Base FTP content:
    Connected to: uploads.google.com
    Connection failed: uploads.google.com

It did load about 2500 to includes/feed/google_products.xlm file...But descriptions run together with no spaces. And I am still missing about 8,000 products. I ran manual load to google base feed waiting to see status.

I received email to register for new requirements and have completed.

Is there anyone I can pay to get this to work? How about Google Analytics? I can not seem to get to work. It has been months. In fact, I have never been able to get either working.

G'day,
    why is it blank when i generated the file of 'domain_products.xml'. Always a lot of errors

Plugin Contributions

I currently host my site, frugaltek dot com on fasthosts which does not allow me to change the php settings, someone posted a .htaccess file which did not work for my configuration. I need to know if there is a way I can alter the settings of my server on fasthosts so it will work with this module or I need to know how people with large databases (over 100k products) are able to make the files. I was thinking that there must be a php script available that would list the product url and sku by itself. The only information I really need is the product url, if someone could help me fix any of these issues it would be amazing, tHANKS IN ADVANCE.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    The module already disallows any product with a description of 15 characters or less. There is no switch in the configuration to turn this on or off, it is always on.
    In my case Google Base processed 968 products and inserted 851. It reported that the others were "missing an important attribute" and that the bad data was the description.

Unfortunately a new feed file has been created since this submission, so the reports by Google no longer match the positions in the file to check it. Looking throught the feed file, maybe one or more of the following is happening:

1 - Google has changed the minimum length of the description to be higher than 15.

2- When HTML markup is stripped out a 4 space gap is left instead of a 1 space gap. Maybe Google Base Feeder is testing the length of the description with these extra spaces included, but Google Base is ignoring them.

3 - Google Base Feeder turns appropriate characters into HTML entities. Maybe Google Base is testing the length of the description with the full length of the entity included, but Google Base is treating these entities as a single character.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Lloyd Borrett.