Page 320 of 357 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3563
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Base Feeder Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    I feel the same as you. I feel like if google is asking for this and that , that all that they are asking should be added to Google Base Feeder. That being said I also feel like product fields should be incorporated into this module without having to add it extra, but then again I didn't create Google Base Feeder.
    I'm not putting Numinix down he has done a good job when he answers the thread here or over on his web site when people are having problems. I also see him avoiding a lot of problems people are asking too. I know he doesn't have to donate any of his time for free or create any modules for free. I and everybody does appreciate his generosity, but please fix the modules like they should be fix or don't offer it at all. Don't take it the wrong way I not pointing my finger at no one here. Thats my 2 cents worth.
    I'm holding out for a fixed or stable version without all the hassle.
    The modules work just fine when they are setup correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by danilyn22 View Post
    Arghhh Am I sorry I upgraded.

I am running Zen 1.3.9h. I Just upgraded to the most recent version of Google Base Updater. I went through all the steps provided including changing over to UTF-8. Out of 13000 products, only 1400 of them loaded and half of those loaded with errors. Googlebase came back and said the XML was all screwed up. Boy am I sorry I even did this.

Did anyone else have this same issue? Any solution thoughts?
    What method did you use to convert your database to utf8?

I used one of the contributions to do it and many of my descriptions were truncated. I only noticed when GMCF was excluding products because of too short a description and I knew that shouldn't be the case. Have you checked your descriptions? I quickly restored to my backup.

Plugin Contributions

I followed the process in the document that came with the mod. When I went into my database it was already in the UTF-8 so I did not have to do that.

I followed the installation to a tee.

I think I will be reverting back as well.

Plugin Contributions

The version I am using is 1.10.2

Plugin Contributions

I do not think the sanitizer is working well for me. Does anyone recommend another one I could try. I like using bullets in my descriptions and do not want to remove them for over 13000 products. The version of GoogleBase feed I used befire did not have that issue.

Plugin Contributions

Just finish updating to the new version but when I click to generate the file it return a big 0:

Google Merchant Center File Complete In 0.049582 Seconds 0 of 0 Records

Help please

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RescoCCC View Post
    The modules work just fine when they are setup correctly.
    Maybe so for some. We cannot all be a bunch of dummies. I have been installing module for years and have never came across something as bad as this to install. If you are going to install this module, you better roll up your sleeves because you are going to be here a while. Not a module that you can just drop in a use.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    I can say that my provided isbn numbers shows up in the gtin field in my google merchant account when viewing a product containing an isbn. You may find that your upc number also falls in the gtin field.
    Think I've finally got it going, more or less. My default Google Product Category isn't going into the XML but I don't think any of my products *have* to have it so no great loss.

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Maybe so for some. We cannot all be a bunch of dummies. I have been installing module for years and have never came across something as bad as this to install. If you are going to install this module, you better roll up your sleeves because you are going to be here a while. Not a module that you can just drop in a use.
    I haven't been installing modules for years. In fact, most around here have probably forgotten more about this stuff then I'll ever know. But, I installed it on three sites including my sandbox and two live sites. It works perfectly on all three.

That said, it is definitely a complicated module, more complicated than the majority of the others. I think if I were having the problems with it that some others are experiencing I would pay Numinix the nominal $25 they charge to install it.

Plugin Contributions

My default Google Product Category isn't going into the XML but I don't think any of my products *have* to have it so no great loss.
    What format did you use for the entry? There is both a text format and an xml format.

As an example this is what the text format would look like:

Arts & Entertainment > Collectibles

And this is what the xml format would look like:

Arts & Entertainment > Collectibles

The second is what needs to be entered in Default Product Category.