Plugin Contributions

help question How to bulk upload tracking numbers to customers?

Hi Zenners,

I enter many tracking numbers daily and am wondering if there is a faster way to do this.

Basically I use Ty Package Tracker so it generates the proper tracking links for my UPS/FedEx tracking numbers, I also use Marg’s code where I tick a box to insert my “your item has been shipped” comment.

Currently I get sent the list of tracking numbers in Excel from the warehouse daily. This is what I do.

I select and copy the tracking number in Excel
    In Zen-Cart Admin I go to Customers > Insert Tracking ID
    I search for the order using the customers name
    I click Add Tracking ID
    I paste the tracking number into the “FedEx” box for Ty Package Tracker, change status to Shipped, and tick a box which inserts into the comments field “Hi there, your item has been shipped, see tracking number”
    Then I hit back, copy the next tracking number from excel and search for the next order?

Surely there is a faster way to do this?

Some days I have 20+ orders, is there some way I can just see my orders listed and insert the tracking without clicking on the order?
    Or even better if I have an excel list of CUSTOMER NAME and TRACKING NUMBER can I import this like with easy populate?
    Preferably if the tracking numbers are just FedEx/UPS/DHL I should not have to specify which as smart software can tell, like in GMAIL when I have a tracking number in an email they can automatically recognise it is FedEx and show me the tracking link on the site like an adword ad

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: How to bulk upload tracking numbers to customers?

Hi guys,

any tips for saving time entering lots of tracking numbers?

seriously esp all u guys who sell lots of low priced items in large quantities, u got through every day entering the tracking numbers one by one?

anyone know a faster way to enter these FedEx / UPS / EMS trackings?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to bulk upload tracking numbers to customers?

I would love to here this one as well.

We use UPS World Ship 8.0. The good news is that World Ship automatically sends an email to each customer with their tracking numbers, but it would be nice to have more communication with the customers.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks johnmaggio,

We mainly use FedEx, I suppose we could arrange something similar to that but we often use 3rd party dropshippers so would rather not share customers email addresses like that

also it helps to have a record of the tracking numbers in our zen cart database, and for us to be communicating with the customers

cheers,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Dave et al,

I'm just getting started on working out a process to export order info into a csv and send it to our warehouse. Then, after the warehouse sends it back with tracking #s assigned to order #s, I want to create a mysql update query to update the db based on order ids.

I am just getting started... and only know a little bit about sql, so we'll see how far I get. I'll keep you posted.

But I suspect that larger sites are doing something similar... would love to see their ideas.

Plugin Contributions

Hey MyGreyGoose

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking something like in EasyPopulate where you upload products if I had a spreadsheet list of 20 tracking numbers I could upload them at once

Also what about something like Quick Updates, where instead of having to click and go into each order to enter the tracking number I can view say 100 orders in a page and then cut and paste a whole stack of tracking numbers for different orders and when I click update, it updates order status for all and sends all a customised message?

seriously what are the big sites doing to get all their tracking numbers out on time?
    ApeShop.com - Mobile Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, iPods, PSPs, Watches & more!
    http://www.apeshop.com/

Plugin Contributions

Hi MyGreyGoose,

What you are doing sounds like us

Seriously I get an excel spreadsheet back from our suppliers with the ORDER ID in one cell and the TRACKING NUMBER in an adjacent cell

If there are 20 of these listed in an excel file is there any way to quickly get these out to customers, or do I have to cut and paste and manually click into Ty's Tracker for every single order??!
    ApeShop.com - Mobile Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, iPods, PSPs, Watches & more!
    http://www.apeshop.com/

Plugin Contributions

In case anyone else stumbles upon this thread:

The Order Manager module uses an Order Integrator app that sits on your desktop and syncs with your zen db. You can download your orders to the desktop, enter comments tracking numbers etc, then it will upload to your cart and email the customers. It's still one at a time but it's a bit faster than adding a lot of tracking numbers through the zc admin.

Zen Cart Order Manager:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=223

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Anyone know any mod can do this bulk update tracker numbers and comments into datebase?

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

the informations are good.
    Thanks