Plugin Contributions

Default Total confusion :(

Hi,

I looked at the FAQ for the attributes and I am just not able to follow what is explained there

I would love to have some worked examples that show me what is being built, how to do it and how it looks when it is done -- what I want is a simple dropdown box like Googlecheckout has, where I can just type in the sizes and the corresponding prices for each product.

I don't understand what the attribute controller does that is described -- it allows me to select categories, and when I select one, it selects it, and that is all it does without any visible effect -- then there is the page where I can copy things (but whatever I do, I get an error that says there is nothing to copy) and a names page where I can put things in -- this works, but, what do I do with it and how is this all meant to fit together? Is my install maybe broken?

Many thanks for any pointers or advice,

Hexe
    Last edited by Hexe; 14 Jun 2007 at 10:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Total confusion :(

Easiest is to install and second instance of Zen Cart in another folder with the demo products... This way you can see the frontend and also the admin side
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Try reading this post
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I've now worked it out, installing the sample helped :) Many thanks for the tips!

I've looked at the documentation and this post you mention, but because it is missing an introduction, most of what it says in there doesn't make sense to the uninitiated because none of the terms are defined prior to explaining them. It seems obvious once you know what it is, but not when you have no idea what this all means %-)

I also think that the Attribute selector would benefit from a little blurb explaining that only products are available to process which have toggled 'price selected by attributes' on the product editing page, and that those are denoted by a * -- or perhaps greying out the unavailable products, or just not showing them? If someone selects something that is invalid, they either made a mouso, or like me, can't work out which way the monkey is swinging here, so a short message to induce enlightenment would be great.

Plugin Contributions

Attribute selector would benefit from a little blurb explaining that only products are available to process which have toggled 'price selected by attributes' on the product editing page, and that those are denoted by a * -- or perhaps greying out the unavailable products, or just not showing them?
    Attributes can be added to items without setting this.....categories that are empty can not be selected though

An item can have a price and attributes are than + / additional to that
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten