Plugin Contributions

help question Is my messagestack working correctly?

I took the band signup form contribution and modified it (to the best of my menial PHP abilities) and created several error checking features. If I have more than one error they seem to stack on top of each other... meaning each message covers it's predecessor. I know, I know. It's called messagestack for a reason! But is that the way it's supposed to work?

Let's say I have two error messages. The first is "Please try again" and the second one is "What kind of idiot would input such a thing?!" Obviously, the second message is much longer than the first. If the first message is displayed on top of the second, the second one will "peek" out from behind the one on top and the message looks something like "Please try againot would input such a thing?!"

So IS that the way messagestack should work? If so, can I CSS the width so that all messages are the same width? Or should the messages display in a vertical fashion with each message on a new line pushing the content down?

Here's the current page:
    http://www.toned4life.com/index.php?..._questionnaire

Feel free to submit the form. It won't bother anything that we've got going on. Constructive criticisms are welcome too since I feel like I'm just playing an educated guessing game.

On a side note, I've noticed that if there is an error message and I'm brought back to the page to fix it, the Fitness Level always jumps down to Level 12 no matter what I had selected before. Anybody know what's up with that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is my messagestack working correctly?

Looks template oriented to your stylesheet ...

But then I am but a humble coder and not a whiz at stylesheets ... I just know we didn't write message stack to truncate like that ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ahhhh.....

I found a position:absolute; tag in the template's CSS that was causing the ruckus. Removed. Fixed. Life carries on.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update ...

The ol' position:absolute; trick eh? yeah yeah that was right on the tip of my tongue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!