Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Options for one Product

I'm working on my zen cart still and adding products. However, I have a question that would make the task of adding products that have variations to them much easier. To view an example, Click Here

On that page, you can see that there are many products that are in fact the same product. They just sport a different look. Is there some way that I can accomplish the following:

For the sports mugs, for example: How do I do only a single listing for that product, but set up that listing so that the customer has the option (maybe through a drop down menu or bullet button) of choosing that mug for a different sports team. The different choice has to be able to include each products model number as they are different from each other and are used for ordering purposes.

I hope this question makes sense. Any advice on how to accomplish this is appreciated :)

And how do I make that Units In Stock area disappear?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Options for one Product

Advantage of the current method you are using is tracking stock and sales ...

You also can customize each description heavier toward each team to weight it better with search engines ...

If you make these single products where an attribute is used to select the team ... then you lose that flexibility ...

Now ... with the Attributes the stock quantity is the same and until v1.4 ... there will be nothing to distinguish these differences ...

As to the Stock or products_quantity ... each Product Type has its own setting in the:
    Catalog ... Product Type ... select the product type and hit the EDIT LAYOUT button ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You would use attributes for this. Their use is fully explained in the FAQ/tutorials, and in sticky threads in the forum.
    Radiobuttons with an attribute image for each team would probably be your best choice.
    There is a mod available in Downloads for attribute model numbers, and one for stock by attributes,

Units In Stock:
    Catalog > Product Types > Product-General > edit layout > Show Quantity in Stock.

Plugin Contributions

Great, thank you both so much!