Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Options but Shipping Cost TBD

Hello all,

I've been hunting through the forums for an answer to a shipping problem I'm facing. There have been a few threads started, but not many offering a solution I'm able to adapt. Then again, I may have entered the wrong search terms.

ANYWAY, I would like to offer UPS and USPS shipping options for the customer. However, because of the way items are packed, the shipping costs is determined at the time the item ships. The customer is then invoiced.

It'd be great if the UPS and USPS options could be available for the customer to select, but then text would be present explaining "shipping TBD." I'd also want to make sure any email with their sales receipt would have this message. What I don't want is anything displaying shipping as $0.00 because it'd only end in confusion for the poor customer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Options but Shipping Cost TBD

Clone Flate Rate flat and make one read UPS shipping TBD and the other read USPS shipping TBD ...

And don't add a price to them ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the near instant response, Ajeh.

I'm modifying includes>languages>english>modules>shipping>custom>flat.php correct? (after having chosen flat rate shipping through the modules in admin) If I duplicate and revise the "MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY" within the php file, there is still only one shipping option that displays. I know this must be a tiring excuses but "I'm not to familiar with php."

I'm thinking there's another flat.php file that may need modifying as well? I don't mind trying to figure it out myself, but please...a few more hints before I run amuck through the php code.

Plugin Contributions

Do a search on clone flat or cloning flat and make two shipping modules:
    flatups
    flatusps

This way they will:

1 be cloned and customized to your needs ...

2 not get overwritten on the next upgrade ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

The cloning method is working well, thank you. Didn't think of using the term "clone" when searching for threads on this topic.

Now whereabouts can I find the display $0.00 so I can zap it? (or what magic word should I type in the search box) I found one thread listing an answer of "change the display" but I'm having difficulty finding the file that contains it.

Plugin Contributions

So, I'm making a bit of progress, but still having problems with the $0.00 display.

On the "Delivery Information" page, I've switched the previous $0.00 to read "TBD" through includes>templates>custom>templates>tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php. I commented out

<?php echo $currencies->format(zen_add_tax($quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['cost'], (isset($quotes[$i]['tax']) ? $quotes[$i]['tax'] : 0))); ?>

and placed the "TBD" text within the div instead.

Now, the cursed $0.00 is displaying within Payment Information, Order Confirmation and the Order Confirm Email. If I turn off the Shipping in Order Total within the Admin, I also loose the text that displays with shipping method the customer chose.

Suggestions anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Anyone? Please?

Plugin Contributions

In the directory:
    \includes\templates\template_default\templates\

The files:
    tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php
    tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php

Copy these files as appropriate (into your template or such)

Then edit them as follows:

Search for the word 'cost'

Should be 4 instances in tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php and 2 instances in tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php

Comment out the whole php tag and code in a tertiary expression to produce the string TBD for an escaped value (such as -1)