Default SSL-Sessions-Logins

There are some scattered threads here concerning issues wiht SSL/logins/sessions.

I enabled SSL today and everything was working like a charm, except, customer login simply would not work, no error pages, no warnings, just keeps refreshing login page, so (as AJEH mentioned in one post) i set that "Recreate Sessions being ON" to off and it works fine.

I am wondering though, if someone could please explain, is have this setting off a more secure method, and what is the difference, pros and cons ?

hosting on hostgator.com-zen cart installer (sweet)- SSL through Comodo.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSL-Sessions-Logins

I just had the same issue today and I ended up asking them to do it... if you're on their shared hosting they recently disabled those users to input their own SSL. you have to go to http://www.hostgator.com/installssl.php. The intermediate SSL code goes in the "trusted authority" box and your .com cert they sent you goes in the first box, and the csr which you would have needed to do to request the ssl from comodo goes in the last box. if you already have a dedicated ip, you will need to email them first at [email protected]. That's what they had me do today. good luck!

shari

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSL-Sessions-Logins

hi droptest,

I just heard back from hostgator. I had hotlinking turned on and forgot to place my ssl sites into the hotlinking box. Then there is another field that you have to put in a redirect into and you put in https://your-domain.com/hotlinking.shtml into it and make sure the Allow direct requests (ie. entering the url to an image in your browser) box is checked then press activate. worked like a charm for me.. try that on yours since you have hostgator like i do.

shari