Plugin Contributions

Default Category with no products dont display"There are no products to list in this category

I have a couple of categories that are really informational. Its a long story...

Anyway they dont have any products.

How do I turn off the "There are no products to list in this category." display?

Thanks. ad

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category with no products dont display"There are no products to list in this cate

admin>Layout Settings>Categories with 0 Products Status

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category with no products dont display"There are no products to list in this cate

I have the same situation and that setting doesn't change anything for me. Any other suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to comment out that line?

I am using several categories as informational only and there are no products in them. I cannot have that line "There are no products to display in this category" showing up.

I have set that 0 status setting to both 0 and 1 and I still get the message showing up.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

i have the same problem also. i cannot remember where i read it, but somehow, i believe there is a way to do a search of your entire file system to look for hte phrase "There are no products to list in this category" specifically. it should show the file and location of that phrase so we can change what it says.

can someone in the know tell us how to do this kind of search so we can look for the answer, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Admin>Tools>Developers Tool Kit

A number of search options are provided. I personally use the option on the bottom of the page most.

Plugin Contributions

thanks louis!!! i knew there was a way and i just used it for the first time and man that would have made life much easier a few months ago. the answer to the original post is located in:

include/languages/english/YOURCUSTOM/index.php

it is located on line 40 or 41. look for:

define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');

and simply delete out the italicized text. then save back to your custom folfer and upload. for those first timers, to use the tool louis provided, simply go to your admin>tools>developer tool kit

i used the bottom method as suggested. type in the phrase you are looking for and them select where to look, i choose all files catalog admin, then hit search and the answer appears every time the phrase your looking for is used. pretty awesome. thanks again louis for the reminder and new found tool!