Default Ongoing problem with wholesale and fckeditor

There are many threads on this, and so far, I have fixed 1 of the 2 problems that are caused by mixing these 2 add-ons together, but I can not find a fix for this problem anywhere. I really need it to work because I cant really add any more product until I get this problem fixed.

Using firefox, whenever I goto modify a product using fckeditor, I get an error above the editor saying:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for fckeditor() in /admin/includes/fckeditor.php on line 44

I can make changes and add images and text when editing, but when I'm done and I click preview at the bottom of the page, nothing is saved and all work is lost.

When I use IE 6 or 7, the editing box doesn't even show up to make changes in.

Please help!

Default Re: Ongoing problem with wholesale and fckeditor

Maybe, the solution is to just get rid of fckeditor all together?? Is there another editor that will work just like it? That would be the easiest way!

Well, I installed the tinymce editor and it looks like it's the same exact thing as fckeditor. All is well now. Problem solved, or worked around.

Sorry folks, the problem still exists. Tinymce is nothing like FCKeditor.

I really need to get this working with FCKEditor.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

There's a single file (not in a folder), fckeditor.php, that should be uploaded
    to the admin/includes folder. Also, for the tinymce, there's a tinymce.php
    that should be uploaded to admin/includes folder. And some single files
    in the editors file for tinymce that you should make sure were uploaded.

Also, in your admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_html_editor.php
    file, if you'd uploaded this file for both editors, one of editors will be commented
    out, as below:

* List of installed editors should be here:
    * CONSTANTS are used for language-specific display names, and are defined in languages/extra_definitions/editors_list.php
    */
    $editors_list['NONE'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_NONE, 'handler' => '', 'special_needs' => '');
    $editors_list['HTMLAREA'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_HTMLAREA, 'handler' => 'htmlarea.php', 'special_needs' => '');
    $editors_list['FCKEDITOR'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_FCKEDITOR, 'handler' => 'fckeditor.php', 'special_needs' => '');
    // $editors_list['TINYMCE'] = array('desc' => EDITOR_TINYMCE, 'handler' => 'tinymce.php', 'special_needs' => '');

If you plan to use both editors, remove the //, as referenced above that's
    commenting one of them out.

Whew...hope that made sense!
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Also check in the admin/languages/english/extra_definitions/editors_list.php for
    one of the editors to be commented out.
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you look at the various releases of the wholesale mod, you'll find that the most recently-posted one is a beta, and is actually designed on older code.

You have 2 options:
    a) use the one updated for v1.3.7.
    or
    b) replace the bad fckeditor function call in the collect_info file with the good one ... something like this:

change this:
    Code:
            <?php if (is_null($_SESSION['html_editor_preference_status'])) echo TEXT_HTML_EDITOR_NOT_DEFINED; ?>

<?php if ($_SESSION['html_editor_preference_status']=="FCKEDITOR") {
    //          if ($_SESSION['html_editor_preference_status']=="FCKEDITOR") require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES.'fckeditor.php');

$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor ;

$oFCKeditor->Value = $file_contents ;
              $oFCKeditor->Width  = '700' ;
              $oFCKeditor->Height = '450' ; 
              $output = $oFCKeditor->CreateHtml() ; 
    		  echo $output;

/*          $oFCKeditor->Value = (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']) ; */

/*          $oFCKeditor->CreateFCKeditor( 'products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', '99%', '230' ) ;  */
    		  //instanceName, width, height (px or %) 
              } 
    		  else { // using HTMLAREA or just raw "source"
              echo zen_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '20', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])); //,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"');
    to this:
    Code:
            <?php if ($_SESSION['html_editor_preference_status']=="FCKEDITOR") {
                    $oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']') ;
                    $oFCKeditor->Value = (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']) ;
                    $oFCKeditor->Width  = '99%' ;
                    $oFCKeditor->Height = '350' ;
    //                $oFCKeditor->Config['ToolbarLocation'] = 'Out:xToolbar' ;
    //                $oFCKeditor->Create() ;
                    $output = $oFCKeditor->CreateHtml() ;  echo $output;
              } else { // using HTMLAREA or just raw "source"

echo zen_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '30', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])); //,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"');
    Fastest way to identify differences in files is via WinMerge

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.