Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support for CSS Flyout Menu

For whatever it's worth — I believe I solved my problem. I'm now getting background images to work across the different browsers, so we can consider this issue a done deal and ignore my previous post.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Soniccc View Post
    I meant:

I'm getting a lot of "end tag for "ul" which is not finished" warnings with the WC3 Markup Validation Service. Is this normal?
    Thanks

www.test.soundfactory.nu

Hmmm................Yep..........there WAS a time when I got that, as well, but I though I had worked all of that out before uploading..........Hmmmmm.........maybe not?

Are you still seeing this?
    You go a URL of the site with this problem?
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

I'm curious - it seems there was some discussion about Category Dressing being able to work with this mod http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=590 but I'm not clear on the final outcome. Was this achieved? I'd hate to tweak a working flyout menu system if Category Dressing doesn't work.

Ultimately, I'm just looking to add headers in the menu system.

Plugin Contributions

It's not that Categories Dressing can work with this mod, but that you can get flyout functionality in CD with a few style rules added to it. There is more detail in the CD support thread.

Plugin Contributions

Awesome to hear and thank you for taking the time to answer. It clears it up a bit for me. I'll do a little more digging and playing with these and see where it goes. :-)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Hi! If this has already been asked, then I apologize ahead of time

I love this mod and it is so useful, so thank you very much!

I would like to change the background image for the current category. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the mod. I installed it and while it works well - I do have a couple of questions. I'm running the latest version of ZC 1.3.9h.

1. I have a large list of categories that fills the page. When you get closer to the bottom of the page, the menu flies out as it should, but you have to scroll the whole page down to view the contents. Is there a way to get the menu to fly up so the menu is on the same screen?

2. When some of my subcategories that do not have a sub-sub category, the subcategory name is highlighted. Is there a way to not do that? I played with the CSS but can't figure it out.

The site that I'm currently working on is an adult novelty toy site. I don't know the rule to the forum with regards to such sites so I'm not sure if I should include a link or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

kman55, You may include a link to the site as long as you ALSO post an Adult Content warning right next to it...............and seeing exactly what you're talking about and trying to accomplish would be helpful.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    kman55, You may include a link to the site as long as you ALSO post an Adult Content warning right next to it...............and seeing exactly what you're talking about and trying to accomplish would be helpful.
    Thank you for your reply. The link is (remove spaces from the url) www.k i n k y k u p i d . com / zencart. PLEASE NOTE: This is an ADULT novelty toy site. Please do not log onto the site above if you think you will be offended by the contents.

As I had mentioned, if you look at the categories that are closed towards the bottom of the page, the menu flies out (which is what I want) but the a lot of the contents hide under the screen. So you have to stop hovering, scroll the screen down and then hover of the category to be able to view the flyout menu.

Also, there's a grey highlight in many subcategories that does not have additional category. How do I remove that highlight? I've tried tinkering with the CSS and it did not help.

Plugin Contributions

kman............sorry so long. I've been pretty swamped, lately.

Well, the list length has been worked on before, using a scroll feature, and does just fine..........if you've only got Categories and Sub-Categories. Beyond that, it breaks the flyout.

I think the grays' you're wanting to change can be found in these lines of code in your stylesheet:

Code:
    #nav-cat ul.level2 {background-color: #C9C9C9;}
    #nav-cat ul.level3 {background-color: #C9C9C9;}
    #nav-cat ul.level4 {background-color: #C9C9C9;}
    Actually................for a site with as many Categories, Sub-Cats, Sub-sub-Cats, etc.............I wouldn't even recommend using this particular menu, as it DOES take up a LOT of 'real estate' on a site this size.

Personally, I WOULD recommend Glens' Categories Dressing, letting each Sub and Sub-sub-Cat slide DOWN instead of "flying" out. Or...........I'm working on a Mega-Menu............ .....but, I can't discuss that right here, at this time. Further discussion about that will have to be in the form of a pm, email, or contact via my site.

Of course, it's your site, and that's just my opinion about the menu, but I already know you agree on the 'real estate' part, and I'm sure you're customers aren't too thrilled with the current menu....................

Anyway...........I hope this helped SOME, anyway.

Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast