Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Word wrap for text attribute?

I must be missing something..I am able no problem to add the attribute for a text area for each product..the rows,display size and maximum length all work ..except when the customer inputs text it all scrolls left and right..not wrapping down the text area box as it should..like any simple word processor it should be word wrapping when the text reaches the limits of the text area width..how can I induce word wrapping please?? Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Please help anyone? Word wrap for text attribute?

I am hoping to go live soon and would like to resovle this minor problem..surely I am not the only one who had this but I cant find anything about it here on the forum..does anyone know how to make the word wrap fucntion in text area attribute?? Pretty please???:-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Word wrap for text attribute?

You might post an URL to a Product on your site as usually this is a stylesheet issue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks..was my own silly mistake..if you are in a text box and just hold down a keyboard key it just scrolls right off the screen..and does not wrap to next line..however, if you break up the line a little as if typing words or actually type in words the line breaks and wraps to the next line as it should..kinda buggy but since people will type in words anyway not an issue..sorry:-)

Plugin Contributions

aha! a clue ... the infamous text of a 100 characters that cannot wrap as there isn't a space by which to do so ...

Thanks for posting back the solution ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Can someone remind me where I can change the order confirmation email so that a text attribute (length 100+ characters) will wrap instead of showing in one long line. The stylesheet has a width so a bit mystified as to why it just keeps stretching out beyond the edge.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Look for the <nobr> ...

Many sites need to know precisely what and how the customer enters text, hence the use of <nobr> ...

If your site can manage fine with this freestyle, then do a search in the Developers Tool Kit for:
    <nobr>

and you can then remove that ...

NOTE: most of the files will NOT have overrides for them so be sure that you backup the originals BEFORE making your changes to help you during upgrades ...

NOTE: Developers Tool Kit will check all php files but not HTML files such as those in the /email directory ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh

Thanks for the reply - that's a huge improvement .

What I'd really like is for the attributes to display in the email in list format like it does on the screen rather than in a continuous wrapped line.

Also, I've had to be rather creative with the naming of the attributes because the screen text for several of the text boxes had to be Message. So for example I set up attributes as Message, MEssage, MESsage because each had a different maximum length. Transforming the text to uppercase on screen meant it didn't look like I was a bad typist I guess this is just a matter of editing the css in the email template to make them uppercase?

Plugin Contributions

umm .. well ... being the humble code that I am without a clue as to how to design stuff with css and only know how to make the code spit out all that class and id stuff that you designer types like ... umm ... in a word ... well ... a ... maybe?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Humble coder indeed! We 'designer types' would be nowhere if it weren't for the talent and commitment of the zen team to providing such a wonderful product to work with....

...if I DID want the email attributes in list format though I think that's somewhere in the file I find the <nobr>?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast