Default How do I show products but not sell them?

I want to be able to have a page or two with certain products but not have anyone buy them. When someone goes to buy one of my products, I just want to either have a fill in the blank or drop down box of the choices. Right now I have each picture/product as an item but it is getting bother some because I have to list them more than once. I figured it would be easier to just have one or two pages with the choices.

It is different art backgrounds I am offering for name meanings and poems...if that helps figure out what I need.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I show products but not sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by ashton0603 View Post
    I want to be able to have a page or two with certain products but not have anyone buy them. When someone goes to buy one of my products, I just want to either have a fill in the blank or drop down box of the choices. Right now I have each picture/product as an item but it is getting bother some because I have to list them more than once. I figured it would be easier to just have one or two pages with the choices.

It is different art backgrounds I am offering for name meanings and poems...if that helps figure out what I need.
    Url of your site to illustrate your requirements would be helpful

I have a section where I am selling name meanings and poems and prayers. They have their own sections. I have art backgrounds that people can choose from. I have been entering each background as a product but it is becoming a pain because someone can use a background for any of the sections. I would like to have one page where I can list and have pictures of the art backgrounds. Then I will have one cart for name meanings and one for poems. I know how to use the attribute sections.

www.personalized2perfection.net

look in name and poem display. I have things in single name and double name meanings.

Plugin Contributions

Use could use attribute swatches and/or create a page
    with your larger background images,
    and link to this page in product description
    for each item..

I am lost. Sorry but I am very new to all of this. I took your post as telling me to create a page with all of the backgrounds and then have it link to the actual product description section.

When I try to make a section, it will ask how much and have its own description section. I just want a page for art backgrounds so people can browse through and see what they look like and what they are called. Then I will have name meaning as the product with attributes at the bottom listing all of the backgrounds.

I would like to have a link there so they can just click to view the different art background choices. How is this done? If it is in the book, can you tell me which section? I can't find it.

If I do create a page, how would I add each art background and fix it so it has a name under each picture?

Plugin Contributions

http://thehouseoffrancis.com/shop/in...ducts_id=67554
    Site designed for a client above.. view options
    in description opens pdf file..choose from those
    options in attribute drop down box below description
    HTH

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Glenn recently came up with an add-on that allows for a category within an active, e-commerce site to be to be a showcase only. It's called the Gallery Category and doesn't display prices or the "add to cart" option. That might give you a place to start.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info on the add on. Is there somewhere I can go to be shown the steps to take on what to do once I download it? The books mentions upgrades but it doesn't mention how to do them since when an upgrade is listed, it will have instructions with it.

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

There is a readme file located in the zip download which gives a step-by-step.