Plugin Contributions

Default Replacing an Old ZenCart

Alright here is the situation, I had a friend install ZC for me a year ago. I added some product, fiddled with it, but really didn't use it (ex. www.myweb.com). About 3 months ago I downloaded the newest version, created a new database, and installed it in a folder in the previous version (www.myweb.com/new_site/).

I have since configured and tweaked, added tons of items in the newer version of ZC. Now I want to move it to the top most folder (where the original ZC is: www.myweb.com). How can I do that?

I don't care about anything I lose in the original ZC, I have made all of the most crucial changes in the new one. Can I follow the FAQ on how to move from one folder to another? What about the old version of ZC, and the database it is in? Can I just delete the old files or copy over them?

Sorry if these are answered in the FAQ, I did read all of them, but mine seemed like a different case. I am not really upgrading (or am I?) and I really do not care what happens to the old cart.

Anyone, hope someone can clarify, thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Replacing an Old ZenCart

I don't care about anything I lose in the original ZC, I have made all of the most crucial changes in the new one. Can I follow the FAQ on how to move from one folder to another? What about the old version of ZC, and the database it is in? Can I just delete the old files or copy over them?
    If you new versin is working as you want and there is nothing that you need from the old version....

Just delete all the cart files/folders from the root - you can also delete the DB but insure that you delete the correct one.

move all of the cart files from the folder to the root and edit the 2 configure.php files where ever there is a reference to the /folder to /

You might need the cache key corrector from the downloads section
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a million, I will give it a try... backing up my stuff first of course!

Plugin Contributions

I did as stated, everything runs on the site...I think. But in the admin area I can't use many of the tools or templates, I get this error:

No input file specified.

Help? I changed the config files, but maybe I missed something.

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind, figured it out. All of the files did not move in the transfer (I guess write protected). So I just copied them, rather than move them. Working again!

Plugin Contributions

OK another problem, I am missing my paypal modules. They were there and working before the move... where did they go?

Plugin Contributions

I am missing my paypal modules. They were there and working before the move... where did they go?
    All of the files did not move in the transfer
    Check your backup
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I think I know what happened. Paypal is considered a "banned word" with my webftp, so it didn't let me move the files. Now what, can I upload my files with a different ftp, will that work? Or do i need to re-install ZC again?

Plugin Contributions

You should be able to just move the files. Though you may need to go through the uninstall and install processes in Admin > Modules > Payments for Paypal depending upon the state that the module finds itself in.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

thanks kuroi, and kobra. I just uploaded the files (uploaded the new patch), un-installed and re-installed. Looks good now.