Thread: permissions

Plugin Contributions

Default permissions

cant get rid of warning message and cant change permissions on folders via control panel. I set them last week and the warning message went away. Was working on ssl acces today and they reappeared. Can get rid of warning message allthough config.php set to 644

message: Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/sites/schoolsportonline.com/public_html/onlinestore/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file (read-only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical). You may need to use your webhost control panel/file-manager to change the permissions effectively. Contact your webhost for assistance.
    Hi Neil,

public_html/onlinestore/includes/.htaccess has not been changed which is why it is still not working.

I have tried a changing and adding a few things to the .htaccess file but could still not get passed the warning messages so have changed the .htaccess file back to its original configuration.

I do not believe this is a file permissions problem but rather a problem with incorrect information in the .htaccess file. As previously stated this is beyond the remit of support we provide, even though I did attempt to resolve it. The things I thought were causing the issue actually were not so I'm sorry I could not rectify it for you.

To check the file is correctly configured you will need to contact the software authors, Zen Cart, at http://www.zen-cart.com/ - simply get them to give you the correct configuration settings.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: permissions

I've got the same issue, although I haven't moved into a live environment yet.

.htaccess files aren't for Windows and it appears the only way to change the permissions of the configure.php is at server level which you won't have access to on a shared hosting or even reseller account.

From what I understand Helm CP v3 does not support this functionality but V4 apparently does.

Someone suggested moving the configure.php outside of the wwwroot (htdocs or equivalent) folder to a level above but I'm not sure how this would effect things site wide.

Does anyone have experience of setup under shared/reseller Windows accounts with Helm v3?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: permissions

Try downloading the configure.php file from your includes folder, then change its attributes on your local machine to read only, then uploade the file back to the host server overritting the configure.php there with your amended one.

i did this and it worked.