Plugin Contributions

Default Website Payments Standard vs. PayPal Express?

Hi All,

I'm a little confused... Is "PayPal Express" same as "Website Payment Standard"? And if so, can you access all the features of Website Payment Standard?

For example, I think some of the features such as being able to process shipping, download order reports in Quickbook format and a number of other nice features in Website Payment Standard directly from your PayPal account is kind of nice.

If anyone could shed some light on what (if any) limited functionality there is when using PayPal and Zen Cart together I'd be highly appreciative. Thanks!!!

babybiz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Website Payments Standard vs. PayPal Express?

Please? Anyone out there??? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

yes paypal express is just like standard
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Personally I cant see the difference, but for the express having a yellow button on the payment page of your shopping cart system.

I had both express & the PayPal IPN modules working but last night my express came up with this on every attempt...

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the postal address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be delivered to that address.

So somehow it does not reconise MY address before the customer gets to log in their paypal section.
    The 'PayPal IPN' module works fine, & was easy to refund the test amount from another user.

Anyone have an idea whats gone wrong?
    Original store was 1.39:- TransportPostcards.co.uk/shop (redirecting out)
    Working on a fresh new store... 1.56a TransportPostcards.co.uk/store
    Appreciate Zen-Cart? - Always keep a banner link on your shop

Plugin Contributions

Thank you!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnages View Post
    Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the postal address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be delivered to that address.
    I think that's caused by the postal address supplied by the customer from within Zen Cart ... since that address is what gets sent to PayPal "provided by the merchant".

Does this happen with *every* address, or just certain test addresses? Please share an example.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I think that's caused by the postal address supplied by the customer from within Zen Cart ... since that address is what gets sent to PayPal "provided by the merchant".
    Well I used my wife PayPal account on both, it had worked with both after I loaded the previous paypal update but I see there is another since.

Now only the Paypal IPN version works but not the yellow express button version.
    Her address is fine for paypal, as it works wherever she uses it, so it must be in the cart admin somewhere.

I have no other address I can use, so I might have to create another just to try it, otherwise I need a volunteer.
    Original store was 1.39:- TransportPostcards.co.uk/shop (redirecting out)
    Working on a fresh new store... 1.56a TransportPostcards.co.uk/store
    Appreciate Zen-Cart? - Always keep a banner link on your shop