Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default I just messed up my zen cart!!!!!!!

Damn, I've been working on this for 2 days, and finally got it online all my items and it's been working perfect. I was trying to change the heading on the front page, "Congratulations your have successfully installed your zen cart".

According to the directions, you're supposed to edit
    includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file after editing the text you're supposed to upload to: includes/languages/ENGLISH/CUSTOM/index.php

I uploaded and overwrote it to:
    includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php on my server.

Is there anyway to fix this? I didn't back up my shopping cart!!! Can I upload and overwrite it with the original that was came with the software?

This is the error I'm getting:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING (then it lists the file and path) line 52

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I just messed up my zen cart!!!!!!!

Is there anyway to fix this? I didn't back up my shopping cart!!! Can I upload and overwrite it with the original that was came with the software?
    Yes, just copy the original from the downloaded files.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Alright that worked, I'm gonna backup!

I can't change the congratulations text, I searched, but I don't see instructions for the default template. I don't have a folder for:

includes/languages/ENGLISH/CUSTOM/index.php

Plugin Contributions

You should always create your own template. If you amend the files that are part of the Zen Cart distribution, then your changes will probably be over-written and lost when you upgrade.

So wherever you see CUSTOM or YOUR_TEMPLATE or YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME you should substitute the directory in which you have put your custom template files.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    You should always create your own template. If you amend the files that are part of the Zen Cart distribution, then your changes will probably be over-written and lost when you upgrade.

So wherever you see CUSTOM or YOUR_TEMPLATE or YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME you should substitute the directory in which you have put your custom template files.

I still don't understand, which files do I need to put in the custom folder? Is it just index.html? Can you explain where is this custom folder? Do I need to create it myself?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

open includes/languages/english
    create a new folder ( name it like the rest of your template )
    in this folder put a copy of the includes/languages/english/index.php

this is now the file that you edit
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by abcdabcd View Post
    I still don't understand, which files do I need to put in the custom folder? Is it just index.html? Can you explain where is this custom folder? Do I need to create it myself?
    Yes, you need to create it yourself and there's a list of the files and an explanation of this in the other thread in which you are posting.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I did that, but it didn't remove the message.

I'm using the default shopping cart, so when you say (name it like the rest of your template) I have no idea what that would be.

Edit: I just checked my admin settings and it's called classic, I tried uploading it here, but then I get an error.
    Last edited by abcdabcd; 1 Jul 2007 at 08:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

It's very difficult to diagnose a parse error when you don't give us the whole error message, especially not which of Zen Cart's 1,300 files generated it. But from what you have said, my best guess would be that you haven't properly closed the quotes in a define statement, or have prematurely closed one, by including an apostrophe in your text without escaping it (a fancy way of saying putting a "\" in front of it).

Plugin Contributions

and you should really take a look in the wiki for the proper use of templates,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast