Plugin Contributions

help question Only product is being taxed, not shipping

Hi there,

OK only SELECTED products in my store will have 10% GST tax applied.

I worked out how to make those 'taxable goods' and then at checkout the 10% GST is added.
    Trouble is, it only adds 10% GST to the PRODUCT PRICE, not the SHIPPING PRICE AS WELL

I use flat rate shipping, I see that if I go to the shipping module I can also set this shipping to be taxable. But if I set the flat rate shipping to taxable then it will ALWAYS be taxable. Basically the shipping should only have tax if the product being shipped is taxable?

So order a product without tax - no tax on shipping
    But order a product that is taxable with 10% GST, then this applies on the product price AND the shipping price?

how do I do this?

p.s. ALSO very important I really need to make it CLEAR very upfront that certain prices include 10% GST and preferably DISPLAY TWO PRICES - ONE INC (in green) and one EX (in red) because we have customers worldwide??

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Only product is being taxed, not shipping

Hi Zenners,

Pls help someone! I really have to apply the taxes to certain products in my store but the tax has to apply to the shipping too!

I use the flat rate shipping option, basically I only want 10% GST Tax applied to the shipping WHEN SHIPPING A TAXABLE PRODUCT, no point making the shipping taxable all the time as there is no tax on the shipping if the product being shipped has no tax, u know what I mean?

???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Only product is being taxed, not shipping

anyone??

Not sure why tax is set like this - according to zen-cart the shipping method and price is either taxable or its not. But of course the total price the customer pays is taxable for some products but not others.

I use the flat rate shipping option, basically I only want 10% GST Tax applied to the shipping WHEN SHIPPING A TAXABLE PRODUCT, no point making the shipping taxable all the time as there is no tax on the shipping if the product being shipped has no tax, u know what I mean?

???
    ApeShop.com - Mobile Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, iPods, PSPs, Watches & more!
    http://www.apeshop.com/